The Fountaingrove Club in Santa Rosa, CA is excited to
announce the exceptional career opportunity of Senior Property
Accountant. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality
environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to
the clubs managed by Troon.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Property Accountant:
• Implements and adheres to policies and procedures for the
Accounting function, including compliance of all company accounting
• Oversees accounting and administrative controls so as to
safeguard the assets of the company by reducing theft as well as
• Assists General Manager in preparing and monitoring
annual budget, monitoring revenue goals as well as generating
various (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) business volume
• Monitors and coordinates property plans of overall future
objectives, including projection of revenue, cost, net income, cash
position, cash management, and capital requirements.
• Prepares and submits monthly financial statements and
supporting schedules that identify actual, budget, variance and
over/under based on the plan.
• Performs or monitors daily revenue audits for revenue
generating departments (i.e. Golf, Food & Beverage, etc.).
• Analyzes various accounting reports such as accounts
receivable, accounts payable, inventory, various general ledger and
monthly financial statements.
• Monitors and manages property cash flow and decides the
appropriate timing of issuing payment to vendors. Alerts General
Manager and Regional Controller when cash flow problems exist.
• Prepares, coordinates and reviews the closing of year-end
books and records with the Regional Controller.
• Recommends to management the implementation of policies,
procedures, processes and controls based on continual analysis of
current accounting processes.
• Establishes accounting protocols and work flows for the
property based on property needs, ensuring compliance with Troon
Golf accounting standards.
• Monitors contracts with facility’s vendors.
• Ensures collection and payment of applicable local,
state, and federal taxes. Prepares or reviews preparation of
monthly tax reports.
• Manages both accounts receivable and accounts payable
functions to include but not limited to: processing invoices,
preparing statements, making payments, collections, reconciliation,
and record keeping.
• Reconciles and audits petty cash, general bank account
and cash banks.
• Responsible for training, planning, assigning, and
directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining
associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not
limited to: Property Accountant, Staff Accountant, Administrative
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given
to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or four to ten years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of property management system.