Company: eSolutions, Inc.
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: January 15, 2019
eSolutions is seeking a System Administrator experienced in Linux systems to join the team with the primary role of designing, implementing, and managing networks and systems for our growing company. This position will work closely with our IT Director and other System Administrators to maintain and enhance eSolutions' networks, operations, IT systems, and policies. Our Systems Administrator will be able to quickly implement solutions with long-term goals in mind while working closely with members both inside and outside the IT Group. We are looking for a Systems Administrator who is organized, detail-oriented, disciplined, thoughtful and fits our company's culture! If this sounds like you, apply today!
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Installation and configuration of XenServer, CloudStack, VMWare and Hyper-V virtual stand alone and clustered environments.
- Maintain Group Policy and security settings, system authorization access request
- Troubleshoot and quickly resolve reported issues with defective equipment, applications and software.
- Deploy operating systems updates, software patches and hardware of other network infrastructure upgrade.
- Issue and maintain updated inventory logs of all equipment and software.
- Assist in development and implementation security policies as directed by IT Director and CTO.
- Respond to system alerts and messages, alerting if necessary staff and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Work closely with IT Director on day-to-day task and on-going projects.
- Assist with install, setup and monitoring of site to site Virtual Private Networks (VPN) links.
- Monitoring Network status using tools like SolarWinds and PRTG.
- Configure network switches, routers, and ASA devices using CLI
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Expertise in specialized areas of Linux, CloudStack, XenServer, ESXi,
- AWS EC2, S3, Glacier a plus
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user, high pressure environment
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
- Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone/radio) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field.
- LPI, Linux+
- Apache, Tomcat
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
- Cisco CCNA certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating in person and phone/radio with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Advanced Linux systems administration skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Ability to manage high priority projects
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
Security roles and responsibilities shall include the following requirements:
- implement and act in accordance with the organization's information security policies;
- protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference;
- execute particular security processes or activities;
- ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken; and
- report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization.
eSolutions offers a relaxed and engaging work atmosphere with excellent benefits.
Our benefits include:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary life insurance
- Vision plan
- 401K with matching
- Bonus program
- Eligibility for annual bonus after the completion of one year of service
- Casual Dress Code
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Company Kitchen
- Nine Paid Holidays
- 15 days Paid Time Off your first year, 20 days year two
- Community Service Paid Time Off
- Company Sponsored events to gather and socialize with family and co-workers
eSolutions, Inc. has created an excellent work environment, one designed to help you reach your full potential by providing you with all the tools and support needed to succeed.
We know that our employees work hard, so we offer a strong compensation package that includes: base salary, commissions, annual year-end bonus and much more. Additionally, we offer a benefits package including medical, dental, short and long-term disability, and life insurance. Voluntary 125C Flex spending, PTO and 401K with matching are also part of our benefits package. http://www.esolutionsinc.com
eSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: eSolutions, Inc., Santa Rosa , System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!