Associate Director, Web Operations
Company: AbbVie, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job Description About AbbVie
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines
that solve serious health issues today and address the medical
challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on
people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology,
oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and
gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its
Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie,
please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter ,
Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
As a member of the Corporate Digital team, this position will be
responsible for providing strategic guidance and governance for
AbbVie's corporate websites (not including abbvie.com). This role
will collaborate with Corporate BTS to improve and optimize
AbbVie's corporate web platform(s) and tools. Working with other
business units (non-commercial) to leverage our corporate web
presence to achieve their goals, providing best practice
recommendations for content, design and measurement.This position
will report and work closely with the AbbVie Corporate Digital
Director to align on AbbVie's overall corporate web strategy and
ensure our corporate websites represents AbbVie in a consistent
manner globally and brings to life AbbVie's brand online,
delivering a positive user experience and provide value to
- Implement AbbVie's corporate website strategy and operations;
work directly with internal clients, Corporate BTS and other
stakeholders to understand specific needs and opportunities for
- Strategic lead on project teams: Contribute as digital
strategic lead on project teams requiring web strategy expertise -
e.g., R&D, Clinical Operations, Global Medical Affairs,
Contract Manufacturing, etc.
- Act as champion for web technology platforms and provide
subject matter expertise.
- Partner with Corporate BTS to deliver feature and functionality
improvements to AbbVie's Web Content Management platform(s).
Collaborate with the BTS Web Program Manager in the development of
- Manage external and/or contract resources as needed to meet
- Ensure AbbVie's non-commercial websites are compliant with
external and AbbVie polices, regulations and laws; assist in audits
and provide remediation plans when necessary.
- Administration of digital tools & platforms in Corporate
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and
Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Understands organization's vision, goals and strategies. Aligns
priorities appropriately to assist in delivering team's
- Manages change and encourages innovation. Open to and
evangelizes new ideas.
- Understands client's (business/content owner and requestor)
needs and requirements. Resolves issues in an appropriate and
- May negotiate, secure, oversee & ensure that resources are
available to meet the daily operational demands of the area.
- Works with development resources, both internal and external to
deliver work on time and on budget. Project manages across the
project life cycle from ideation to scoping/planning to
- Establishes and maintains high-quality relationships with all
levels across the company and with external partners.
Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of experience in digital technology platforms
- 7+ years of experience with Content Management Systems
- (e.g. Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal, Wordpress, etc)
- 7+ years of experience with code implementations
- Expert understanding of JS, HTML, and standard development
- Expert knowledge of user tracking technologies such as cookie
consent managers, tag managers, tag audit tools and privacy
regulations including GDPR and CCPA.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and enthusiasm for project management and
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse
backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients.
As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex
(including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or
any other legally protected characteristic.
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online)
thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending
you "phishing" messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself
from phishing scams. Click here to find out how you can avoid being
a victim of job phishing scams.
Keywords: AbbVie, Inc., Santa Rosa , Associate Director, Web Operations, IT / Software / Systems , Clearlake, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!