Payroll Specialist II
Company: Redwood Credit Union
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Redwood Credit Union is looking for an Payroll Specialist II who wants something more!As the Payroll Specialist II within our Accounting Department, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks which would include:
- Maintaining the payroll processing function to include managing employee payroll/timesheet records, reviewing input for completeness, ensuring payroll systems are correctly updated in a timely fashion, maintaining centralized payroll/HR records, and overseeing distribution of paychecks.
- Taking initiative to ensure excellent service to employees.
- Working knowledge of a variety of payroll concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relying on extensive experience and judgment to plan, accomplish goals and perform a variety of tasks.
- Responsible for documenting, maintaining and keeping up to date and making recommended changes to current procedures. Responsible for cross training payroll backup on all applicable payroll functions.
- Ensuring employee and HR change requests are correctly updated in the Payroll system to include changes in wages, tax status, withholdings, deductions, direct deposit and all other aspects pertaining to miscellaneous changes.
- Coordinating and interacting with federal and state agencies on issues pertaining to employee compensation, general deductions, benefits and retirement.
- Processing terminations, leave buyout, out of sequence paycheck conditions, paycheck advance reimbursements, and involuntary deductions such as employee levies and garnishments.
- Maintaining the UltiPro database to include setting up accounts, add/edit/delete employees, resetting passwords, special pay codes, etc.
- Organizing, reviewing and submitting forms as appropriate associated with federal, state and local authorities, such as W2's and compensation records for the Department of Labor.
- Researching, analyzing and resolving payroll-related problems or questions including investigation and resolution of questions and discrepancies in paychecks.
- Automating recurring payroll management reports and develop new recurring reports as requested by Accounting/Finance, ERD and RCU management.
- Overseeing the employee incentive program (EPIP)/Merit process and making appropriate recommendations to managers.
- Training staff in the practice of reporting time electronically and communicating to management any changes in procedures.
- Reconciling and preparing General Ledger accounts associated with Payroll.
- Must be self-directed and may lead or direct the work of others in payroll related functions. Required SkillsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ Years' experience with Payroll Systems. UltiPro Payroll experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of general accounting practices and principles.
- Maintain timekeeping software and report generation, UltiPro experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal regulations.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge of Access a plus.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of people.
- High degree of discretion required ensuring employee privacy.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills. Education/Experience
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree and/or processing and managing payroll in either an Accounting or Human Resources department of 5+ years. Required ExperienceWhy work for Redwood Credit Union?
- Local financial institution, providing unparalleled service since 1950
- Second Healthiest Credit Unions in the USA, rated by Glatt Consulting
- Voted Best Places to Work in the North Bay 13 years in a row
- Voted Best Company to do Business With in Sonoma County 4 years in a row
- Located in Santa Rosa: the heart of wine country! (1 hour north of San Francisco)
- Competitive compensation and fantastic benefits package
- World-class employee engagement scores Tell us why you think you are our new Payroll Specialist II! Service - Trust - People - Cooperation We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerJob Location Santa Rosa, US-CA
Keywords: Redwood Credit Union, Santa Rosa , Payroll Specialist II, Human Resources , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!