Assistant Store Manager
Company: Vitamin Shoppe
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Overviewhey! we see you--- a bright, talented, caring person that wants a retail career with MORE but "more what" exactly??
more caring---a community whose sole mission is to help our customers with health & well being
more impact---knowing everyday YOU made a difference in someone's life
more learning---we want you to learn so we pay for knowledge. the more you learn, the more you earn!
we are on the lookout for someone special to fill the MOST important role in our company, our Health Enthusiasts. Health Enthusiasts carry out the Vitamin Shoppes mission every single day in our stores, to support our customers on their personal journeys to better health.
the MUST haves---
1- a knowledge seeker with a can do attitude, and a big heart
2- not be afraid of a little register action & product sampling
3- share our passion for healthy living
4- care for our customers so they will leave our store, not only with a full bag but, also feeling they took a positive step on their journeys of health and wellness.
our part of the deal---
1- a healthy discount on our amazing products
2- the opportunity to advance within our great company
3- commitment to investing in your learning
4- continual feedback to help you learn and grow
Well, what are you waiting for? If you think you have the chops to be a Health Enthusiast at The Vitamin Shoppe we want to hear from you!
This position is responsible for providing an outstanding Branded Customer Experience (customer service focus) to customers while performing operational duties that drive sales through product knowledge, merchandising, register functions, store cleanliness, and other related duties. The Assistant Store Manager leads and manages a store to meet or exceed financial goals in a manner that is consistent with our Branded Customer Experience. The Assistant Store Manager drives sales through product knowledge and merchandising, and performs operational duties to run the retail store. These duties include but are not limited to opening/closing, ensuring store security, overseeing safety, training and developing the team, choosing top talent and assisting with escalated customer issues. This position supports the environment of health and wellness that Vitamin Shoppe represents.Responsibilities
- Establish models and reinforces an outstanding Branded Customer Experience (customer service) through proper engagement and selling techniques in order to achieve or exceed financial goals set for the store including sales plan. Actively seeks information to understand customers' circumstances, expectations and needs.
- Use product information and available resources to educate customers and assist them in making product selections that are right for them. Deliver friendly and prompt service to minimize customer wait time.
- Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with customers and co-workers that foster a positive work environment, embraces diversity and supports a culture of health, wellness and nutrition.
- Promote growth and sales by creating and maintaining internal/external community outreach relationships within the local community. Establish an active sampling regimen through customer engagement.
- Assist Store Manager to develop a team of qualified health enthusiasts; by participating in the interview and selection process, ensuring established health enthusiasts achieve their goals and objectives through training and development.
Supports the Store Manager with succession planning strategies.
- Participate in learning and development activities such as daily store meetings and all other training provided by the Vitamin Shoppe so customers can be better serviced. Ensure store training, learning paths / Vitamin Shoppe University are performed in a timely manner. Assist Store Manager in coaching and counseling all team members on performance issues.
- Use tactical and strategic planning when assisting in creating appropriate schedules and execution of workload.
- Execute and maintain operational, promotional and visual/merchandising standards and initiatives, ensuring that the Vitamin Shoppe Brand and company are well represented. Ensure execution of inventory management processes including product rotation, the return of market withdrawals, document damages and expired products, complete cycle counts, zero on hand and annual physical inventory processes. Complete shipment processing in accordance with company standards.
- Effectively prepare the store by cleaning store, shelves and recovering products. Prepare for and set monthly sales promotions, ensuring a compelling presentation to the customer.
- Protect and maintain company assets and resources including cash control, inventory, fixtures and physical facility to prevent theft. Maintain the confidentiality and security of sales records and operational reports. Ensure work environment is safe for both customers and health enthusiasts.
- Maintain effective communication throughout the store and partners with the Store Manager and Customer Support Center (CSC), District/Market Manager and Regional Director.
- Operate the cash register and prepare customer transactions and receipts efficiently. Fully understands register functions, opening and closing procedures and balancing the cash registers at the end of each shift or as scheduled. Adhere to and execute bank deposit process.
- Execute all company policies and objectives within the store, ensuring that the VS brand and company is well represented. Stay current and up to date with policies and procedures. Ensure store team dresses in accordance to the personal appearance policy.
- Lead the store in the absence of the SM to include opening / closing, customer service, store maintenance (interior and exterior) and coaching / delegating to the team.
- Effectively communicate and bring to life the company's vision, values and sales goals at daily meetings. Provide timely feedback on goals and initiatives. Foster and actively participate in donation drives as determined by the CSC.
- Maintain operational effectiveness of the store by, among other things, working opening shifts, working closing shifts, working weekend shifts and otherwise remaining compliant with the scheduling guidelines as the business dictates. You must demonstrate flexibility with your availability that supports the needs of the business.
- Follow management direction in completing other duties as required.
- Flexibility to work in other locations depending on the company's business needs.
Supervisory Responsibilities:No direct supervisory responsibilities.
High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and instruction. Health and Wellness industry experience preferred.
Familiarity with retail sales, merchandising programs and procedures and the competitive retail environment.
Experience in or personal passion for the health, wellness, and nutrition industry.
3-5 years of experience as a retail store manager.
Skill and Ability:
Strong interpersonal and public relations skills.Good organizational and problem solving skills.Flexibility to work nights and weekends.Computer skillsValid Driver's License, except where inability to drive is because of a medical condition.INDMGMT
Keywords: Vitamin Shoppe, Santa Rosa , Assistant Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!