HOUSEKEEPING SHIFT SUPERVISOR
Company: River Rock Casino
Posted on: November 25, 2022
DEPARTMENT: HousekeepingSTATUS: Full-TimeFLSA: None-ExemptAGE
REQUIREMENT: 21 Years Or OlderWORKING HOURS: This is an hourly
position. The incumbent is expected to work the necessary hours to
meet the needs of a 24 hour establishment.SUMMARY: The Housekeeping
Shift Supervisor is responsible in assisting the Housekeeping
Manager in the operation and administration of the housekeeping
department, including supervision, direction, and guidance of shift
personnel. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A working Shift Supervisor engaged in all aspects of the
Housekeeping Department with the flexibility to work various shifts
- Assigns reviews and evaluates work of employee (housekeeper)
ensuring timely performance of an adequate quantity and quality of
work, with authority to accept, amend or reject the work.
- Assigns work based upon priorities, difficulty and capabilities
- Recommend promotions and reassignments.
- Resolve complaints and refer grievances to higher levels.
- Effects minor disciplinary measures and recommend action in
more serious cases.
- Identifies training and developmental needs of employees;
ensures that safety is the first priority of the Housekeeping
Department by providing employees with safety trainings and a copy
of the Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
- Plans the day to day activities and special tasks of employees.
Plans and prescribes deadlines and sequence of work for individual
- Makes minor adjustments in procedure and sequence of operations
as necessary to accomplish the work effectively and
- Assures that all personnel, materials, and equipment are
available at the work site at the beginning of each shift and
ensures proper coverage of personnel for any emergency situation
that may arise.
- Distributes work among the employees; designating and assigning
individuals for various tasks, including the routine and emergency
cleaning of the Casino premises, auxiliary buildings, and all other
property owned by the casino.
- Provide instruction upon initial assignment of task, new
procedures, and non-recurring task through explanation and
demonstration of safe and proper work methods, requirements and
procedures. Review work in progress while providing assistance when
- Responsible for providing training to employees on the safe use
of tools and other equipment used in the Housekeeping Department
and ensures that all equipment is properly and securely stored,
maintained, and regularly serviced.
- Must collect, maintain, and store the Material Safety Data
Sheets (MSDS) in an area with easy access for all employees.
- Tentatively approves PTO (Personal Time Off) for short periods
of time, (one to two days). Any longer periods of time must have
the approval of the Housekeeping Manager, Chief Executive Officer/
General Manager or Human Resources Manager.
- The Supervisory Function is also responsible for recommending
and training potential leads for each shift.
- Responsible for ensuring those high standards of cleanliness
are maintained in accordance with acceptable standards of River
- Ensures that all employees are familiar with the Emergency
- Responsible for cleaning temporary office quarters as
- Serves as key member of the River Rock Executive
- Trains housekeeping, personnel including new employees in
routine cleaning procedures, and approved methods and techniques
for cleaning and disinfecting, handling of soiled linen and
precautions necessary to protect themselves while performing such
- See that soiled linen is removed and properly stored after each
- Informs Housekeeping Manager of equipment that is in need of
repair and/or replacement.
- Prepares supply list for weekly and daily use for the
Housekeeping Manager and/or Administrative Assistant IV.
- Conducts continual safety programs to apprise Housekeeping
employees of the safety hazards both to themselves and the
- Make sure safety signs are placed and are visible in areas
sealed off during cleaning.
- Report any slips trips or falls to Security. Safety is our
prime objective for our customers and employees.
- Conducts experiments and comparative test with various cleaning
agents and methods. Constantly re-evaluates procedures and
techniques as new innovations are introduced and marketed.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents
oneself as a credit to River Rock Casino and encourages others to
do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to all
regulatory, departmental and casino policies and procedures.
- Attends all required meetings and training. Organizes shift
meetings and keeps the team well informed
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with policies. Responsibilities include interviewing,
hiring, termination, planning, assigning and directing work,
appraising performance, reward and disciplining employees,
addressing complaints and resolving problems.QUALIFICATIONS: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability
- Minimum 2 (two) years experience in Housekeeping or a related
- Minimum 2 (two) years previous supervisory experience or
equivalent with supervision of multiple employees required.
- Must have a good working knowledge of overall operation
relating to housekeeping.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a
- Must present a professional appearance at all times.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with
respect to all matters pertaining to the gaming enterprise
- High School Diploma or GED required. A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG
TEST, FINGERPRINT, AND BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
Keywords: River Rock Casino, Santa Rosa , HOUSEKEEPING SHIFT SUPERVISOR, Hospitality & Tourism , Geyserville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!