Customer Service Associate
Company: TierraCast, Inc
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: November 24, 2022
TierraCast creates and manufactures a wide assortment of
components for jewelry designers worldwide. Our catalog of over
3000 items can be viewed at www.tierracast.com
This is an on-site position, full-time, regular business hours.
We are looking for a positive, empathetic individual who enjoys
helping customers, and providing support to sales staff and others
within the company. We sell business to business, our customers are
wholesale professionals. The Customer Service Associate must have
strong written and verbal skills, be highly organized, detail
oriented and be comfortable working with various computer software
programs in the course of performing their daily duties. This
position will manage orders start to finish: taking orders via
phone, email and from our website, creating documentation for
shipping and invoicing, communicating with customer as needed while
following company procedures and processes.
The Customer Service Associate will gain detailed product knowledge
to assist customers with purchasing decisions and problem solving.
The ideal candidate will be dedicated to providing excellent
customer service, enjoy varied duties and be confident working
independently in an office environment with a small number of
- Receive and manage all orders to ensure fulfillment process runs
smoothly and efficiently through pulling, invoicing and
- Answer phone calls, online chat messages and emails, and provide
information on products and services.
- Evaluate new Wholesale Account Applications using established
criteria and set up new customer accounts and provide supportive,
tactful reply to those who do not qualify.
- Work well with co-workers to provide satisfactory solutions to
customer's concerns or demands.
*JOB SUMMARY: *The Customer Service Associate receives authority
and direction from, and is responsible to, the Customer Service &
Order Fulfillment Supervisor, and works closely with the Sales
staff, Assembly & Packaging, and the Financial Administrator to
meet quality, customer service, sales and organizational goals of
the company. The Associate reflects TierraCast standards for
excellence in quality products and service while performing their
customer service, order fulfillment, inventory, and shipping
responsibilities. Adheres to all Company and departmental
housekeeping standards and safety policies and procedures, and may
perform other duties as required.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: *
* *Customer Service*
* Receive, enter, and process sales orders that arrive via phone,
fax, email and web store
* Answer phone calls and emails from customers and provides
information on products and services
* Build solid, mutually beneficial relationships with regular
contact and provide valuable resources, references and support to
* Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems and
developing solutions working cross-departmentally as needed,
preparing reports and informing management.
* Create and maintain Customer Accounts, including comments.
* Communicate customer suggestions for products and services to
* Using knowledge of various shipping methods, propose best
shipping method for each customer.
* *Order Fulfillment*
* Pick parts from inventory to fill Sales Orders and Work Orders,
reviewing for accuracy
* Prepare invoices and shipping documents
* Resolve payment issues and provide follow-up information
regarding back orders, and other pertinent details to make
adjustments and ensure total customer satisfaction
* Communicate and work directly with customers, in-house
production, Sales and Admin as needed to complete orders.
* Securely package and appropriately label all outgoing
* Follow special shipping instructions to ensure customer requests
are being fulfilled.
* Accurately enter each shipment into the appropriate shipping
program and complete the shipping paperwork as required for each
* *Inventory: *
* Participate in regular inventory cycle counts and post
adjustments to inventory
* Stock finished goods and monitor overstock
* Maintain organization and neatness of Inventory room, including
Shipping & Receiving area and personal work space, leaving room
free of clutter and disorder at all times
*Education: *High school diploma or equivalent;
*Experience: *Previous customer service experience required.
*Skills: * Must possess:
* PC, Windows, word processing, Excel spreadsheet or similar
computer experience with ability to create reports as needed
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent listening and feedback skills
* Strong analytical and basic mathematical skills.
* Skills to manage time efficiently and effectively
* Outstanding organizational skills with attention to detail and
* Ability to write neatly and legibly
* Capability to handle challenging situations calmly without losing
* Good eye-hand coordination
* Ability to work independently, as well as skills to be an
excellent team worker.
* Excellent interpersonal skills
*PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: *
* *Sitting: *Occasionally, up to 3 hours per day
* *Standing: * Frequently, up to 5-7 hours per day
* *Walking: *Frequently, up to 5-7 hours per day
* *Bending (waist): *Frequently, 5-7 hours per day
* *Bending (neck): *Frequently, 5-7 hours per day
* *Lifting: *Occasionally, up to 3 hours per day, up to 30 lbs.
* *Pushing/Pulling: * Occasionally, up to 3 hours per day, wheeled
cart requiring 33 lbs. of force
* *Reaching: * Occasionally, up to 3 hours per day, overhead and
* *Squatting/Stooping: * Occasionally, up to 3 hours per day*, *to
access inventory storage drawers and cabinets
* *Carrying: * Occasionally, up to 3 hours per day, up steps and
through doorways, up to 30 lbs.
* *Hand Use: * Continuously, up to 7-8 hours per day to:
* use keyboard and mouse for data entry
* push and pull computer keyboard tray
* repetitively handle and move small parts for extended periods
* assemble and prep various sized boxes for shipping
* *Vision: * Continuously, up to 7-8 hours per day to visually
check small parts for conformance to quality standards on an
on-going basis; routinely read from computer monitor and written
*MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: *
* Must be able to organize and problem solve complex tasks and
processes, including follow-through to completion;
* Must have ability to take, understand, and carry out
* Must possess ability to assimilate, retain, and recall
information related to day-to-day interactions;
*TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS USED: *
* Electronic counting scale;
* Telephone and FAX Machines;
* Photocopier and Postage Meter;
* PC based computer system with Microsoft Excel, Word & Access, and
shipping and accounting software programs;
* Internet and email;
* Small hand tools
*WORKING ENVIRONMENT: *
* Production environment;
* Full-time Monday-Friday
* Regular business hours;
* Low to medium noise level.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $24.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Santa Rosa, CA 95401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: TierraCast, Inc, Santa Rosa , Customer Service Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!