Company: Arbol Residences Santa Rosa Senior Living
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: September 22, 2022
*GENERAL SUMMARY: * The Kitchen Utility/Dishwasher performs a
number of kitchen activities including pot washing, dish washing,
general cleaning duties and storing food and non-food supplies.
This is an entry-level and learn to prep position. You must be 15
years old to do this position. *PRINCIPLE DUTIES: **Essential Job
Duties: *1. Performs under the direction of the Chef, and Food &
Beverage Director. Dish and pot washing, general cleaning duties
and storing food and non-food supplies. 2. Performs basic food
prep, including but not limited to, chopping, grinding, slicing,
cutting and peeling. 3. Takes raw food product and makes it ready
for cooking such as cutting vegetables, soaking beans, peeling
potatoes, assembling ingredients for baking. 4. Strives to improve
cooking skills and expands knowledge about food products and
techniques. Ensures that food is properly stored. 5. Sets up the
dish and pot washing area. 6. Prepares for dish washing and washes
pots, dishes and utensils. 7. Distributes and stores clean pots,
dishes and utensils. 8. Cleans and sanitizes production equipment,
work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and
procedures. 9. Empties trash containers as required. 10. Accurately
completed daily opening and closing check lists for their
respective duties. Other Duties: 1. Maintains standards for
personal appearance and cleanliness. 2. Maintains safe and sanitary
conditions. 3. Attends in-service training and education sessions
as assigned. 4. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities
as assigned by supervisor. *HOSPITALITY FOCUS: * Arbol fully
embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the
following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal
interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
* We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with
* We treat everyone with courteous respect.
* We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and
* We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
* We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
* We embrace and value our differences.
* We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
* We ask "Is there anything else I can do for you?"
* We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and
appearance at all times.
* We pay attention to details. *WELLNESS FOCUS: * Arbol employees
are expected to promote a healthy community culture for all
residents and employees. This is a whole-person approach to health
and wellness which includes eight dimensions of wellness:
Emotional, Environmental, Health Services, Intellectual, Physical,
Social, Spiritual and Vocational. Through these efforts we can
ensure and exceed residents' wellness needs relating to their mind,
body and soul, which may also have a positive effect on the
employees, as a result. *QUALIFICATIONS: * Ability to understand
and follow instructions in English. 1. Ability to set up and
operate dish washing equipment. 2. Ability to use knives and basic
kitchen equipment such as mixers. *PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING
CONDITIONS: * Works indoors; must be able to stand/walk for 100% of
the work day; must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
independently; must be able to push and pull bus carts and tray
carts weighing up to 50 lbs. independently; must be able to bend,
stoop, reach, and balance frequently throughout the work day. Must
be able to perform sweeping/mopping functions with ease. May be
exposed to quick variance of hot and cold temperatures from ovens
and freezers. May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals, and
to hot water temperatures regularly.'
* Waiting period may apply Job Duties:
* Operate an industrial dishwasher, washing dishes and glassware by
hand when necessary
* Unload dishes, silverware, and glassware promptly and store them
in the appropriate places
* Carry out basic cleaning tasks around the premises, including
emptying trash cans, cleaning drink machines, and cleaning any
spills and broken glass immediately
* Report any serious incidents to upper management, such as machine
failure or broken facilities This Job Is:
* A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to
* Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma Tip
* No Work Remotely
* No This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
* Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
* Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they
* Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent
shifts in direction Job Type: Part-time Pay: From $16.50 per hour
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Paid sick time
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Evening shift
Weekly day range:
* Weekend availability Work Location: One location
Keywords: Arbol Residences Santa Rosa Senior Living, Santa Rosa , Dishwasher, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!