Company: Friends House
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: April 16, 2019
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Santa Rosa Facility -
Santa Rosa, CAEducation Level 2 Year DegreeJob Shift AnyJob
Category Health CareDescription PURPOSE:
- To provide patient care and oversee patient care delivered by
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Renders nursing care to residents within an assigned unit.
- Observes and reports symptoms and conditions of residents.
- Takes blood pressure and records temperature, respiration and
- Administers medications prescribed by physician and records
- Completes ordered treatments per physicians order.
- Completes admission process when new residents are admitted to
- Completes discharge process when resident is going home making
sure resident has all the follow up medication and instructions,
DME, follow up appointment and any arranged medications from
- Maintains records reflecting resident's condition, medication,
- Assists with research related to improvement in nursing care
and encourages staff to follow newly implemented process
- Assists in maintaining a physical, social and psychological
environment which will be conducive to the best interest and
welfare of residents.
- Supervises the work of CNAs, RNAs, and LVNs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of resident's condition at all
- Supports and adheres to Administrative Policies and
- Adheres to Abuse Reporting Procedures and maintains awareness
of the signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Responds promptly to emergencies facility-wide as assigned.
- Reviews reports from previous shifts to determine changes in
status of residents and assigns duties to nursing personnel.
- Provides nursing care according to physician's orders and
recognized nursing techniques and procedures.
- Recognizes and interprets symptoms, reporting patient's
condition, and assisting with instituting remedial measures for
- Establishes standards, and administrative policies.
- Assumes responsibility for proper care of complicated apparatus
used in treating residents.
- Supervises the feeding of residents.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of nursing observations
and care and reporting resident's conditions orally and in writing,
studies trends and developments in general nursing practices and
techniques and evaluates their adaptability to specific nursing
- Assists in training and supervision of nursing service
personnel, as directed by the DSD and/or DON
- Responsible for notifying administration of changes in patient
condition or other job related problems.
- Responds promptly and cautiously to all calls.
- Attends all in-services as assigned.
- Observes universal precautions in providing patient care.
NON-ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain Friends House standards of personal appearance and
- Must have a positive attitude, an attention to detail and enjoy
interfacing with staff/residents.
- Know the Patient Bill of Rights and Non-Abuse policy.
- Support and embrace Friends House Core Values (Respect,
Compassion, Hope, Appreciation)
- Be knowledgeable of emergency procedures and act in a calm
manner when there is an emergency.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing.
Qualifications JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Hours will be assigned and may vary. Hours include on-call
status as needed.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing,
currently registered and licensed with the California State Board
of Nursing.(E) One year experience in long-term care preferred.(N)
Familiar with organization, functions, policies, regulations and
procedures of a Health Center as they relate to nursing
services.(E) Must be CPR and first aid certified.(E)
- Ability to work independently and make sound judgments
concerning all aspects of patient care.
- All employees are responsible for complying with facility
safety policies and procedures and shall take the necessary
measures to ensure a safe environment for oneself, co-workers,
patients/residents, and visitors.
- Moderate to heavy physical conditions. On feet most of the
time.(E) . Involves walking, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching,
carrying, pushing (50 lbs. or more), pulling and handling.(E)
Occasional working on irregular surfaces or heights.(N) Exposure to
uncomfortable temperatures or odors.(E)
Blood Borne Pathogen Job classification:
- Category I
Impact of Actions:
- Actions affect the quality of care delivered by other personnel
and the overall quality of patient care.
- Responsible for the supervision of nursing staff (CNA, RNA,
LVN) assigned to a particular shift.
Keywords: Friends House, Santa Rosa , REGISTERED NURSE, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!