Intake RN - Memorial Hospice
Company: St. Joseph Home Care Network
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Part Time / 8HR (64 HRS Bi-Weekly) Day Shift
Receives telephone requests for general information and for hospice care. Triages need and staff availability for consultations, evaluations and admissions in collaboration with the Patient Care Supervisor and/or Patient Care Coordinator. Completes all intake procedures as appropriate.
1. Demonstrates ability in coordinating patient care services in collaboration with the Patient Care Supervisor or Patient Care Coordinator to effectively schedule admissions, evaluations and consultations.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of criteria for admission.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of pain and symptom management, infusion therapies, respiratory and nutritional therapy.
4. Demonstrates effective communication skills, receptivity, support and relationship building with referral sources, insurance providers and the hospice team to facilitate referrals.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of basic insurance coverage, reimbursement and benefit management.
6. Demonstrates sound understanding of and commitment to the hospice philosophy of team and care.
7. Enforces safety policies and procedures and safe practices by staff and volunteers.
- Education: Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Experience: 5 years hospice or home care experience
- License/Certification: California Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse, CPR Certification
The people of St. Joseph Health have worked for 53 years to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters and continued through the St. Joseph Health Ministry of extending the healing ministry of Jesus to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma County entities aligned with St. Joseph Health include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center, as well as the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network. We act as a regional referral hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the area.
St. Joseph Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Health complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training..
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Keywords: St. Joseph Home Care Network, Santa Rosa , Intake RN - Memorial Hospice, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!