Wound Care RN (part-time) - Sonoma County
Company: St. Joseph Home Care Network
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Coordinates and provides care in the home care setting to patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, acute and/or chronic wounds, and incontinence. Patient care will reflect the physician/agency/health system philosophy and high standards of nursing care for patients. The care includes providing hands-on care as well as education to the patient and PCG(s). Instructs nurses, physicians, and other health care team members in the care of patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, acute and/or chronic wounds, and incontinence. Performs related supply management and documentation tasks.
- Documents the full assessment and create a plan of care with accurate orders, diagnosis and projection of visits for all disciplines necessary to support each patient in EHR.
- Performs and documents nursing interventions including patient education according to the Plan of Care and adapts these actions as patient needs change.
- Documentation completed and synchronized/submitted by 10:00 am the following day.
- Documents patient status in an accurate, timely and concise manner by use of EHR in patient home at the time of visit.
- Utilizing the nursing process, initiates assessment, planning, and implementation of care; also instructs nursing personnel in the care of patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, acute and/or chronic wounds, and incontinence.
- Assists physicians in caring for patients with all of the above conditions, in addition to stoma sizing, teaching intermittent catheterization, and consultation.
- Provides comprehensive post-op care to patients and teaching to patients and their PCG(s) regarding care.
- Evaluates, selects, and recommends supplies and equipment for patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, acute and/or chronic wounds and incontinence.
- Documents patient care in accordance with home health standards and state and federal regulations.
- Attends patient care conferences and staff meetings as required; communicates patients--- special needs to appropriate health care team members.
- Serves as a consultant to nursing staff, physicians, and other health care team members related to his/her area of expertise.
- Provides in-service educational programs as needed to nurses, physicians, and other health care team members in cooperation with the Education Director.
- Keeps current in area of expertise by attending professional programs and participating in professional organizations.
- Annually completes compliance education and understands applicable policies.
- Attends scheduled meetings.
- Completes mandatory in-services by attendance and or designated time frame. Additional Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Possesses adequate knowledge of Medicare/Medical and insurance standards to ensure reimbursement for all services rendered.
- Adheres to California Licensing Regulations for Home Health and performs duties within scope of practice.
- Conforms to all applicable Agency policies and procedures.
- Participates actively in continuing education and in-services.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and business trade practices.
- Assumes responsibility for reporting incidents and complaints according to Agency policy. Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize and critically think.
- Good understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to computer programs.
- Organizational skills
- Ability to follow Agency's policies and applicable laws
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
- Time management
- Cooperative attitude
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations
- Demonstrates Values based customer service skills Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Education: BSN required; completes necessary education to attain a CWOCN Licensure.
- Experience: One year clinical experience
- License/Certification: Current RN licensure; Current board certification in WOC(ET) nursing (COCN) by Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB) Preferred Position Qualifications:
- One year of CWOCN (ET) experience
- Two years of RN experience
- One year experience with EHR
- One year of home health experience St. Joseph Home Care Network (SJHCN) is a Home Health ministry of St. Joseph Health, serving three Northern California counties; Humboldt County, Napa County and Sonoma County.
Our networks of compassionate, highly skilled employees are dedicated to putting the patient first to improve the health of individuals and families in our community. The Home Health caregivers assist in restoring a patient's optimal health and support the family by going into the home and ministering to the physical, psychological and spiritual needs of the patient and family members.
Our home care services are a literal representation of reaching out to our community to care for our dear neighbors.
Keywords: St. Joseph Home Care Network, Santa Rosa , Wound Care RN (part-time) - Sonoma County, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!