Clinical RN - Psych Acute
Company: Marin General Hospital
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: September 12, 2018
ABOUT MARIN GENERAL HOSPITAL:Come and be a part of our healing team at the award-winning Marin General Hospital! Ranked in the top 3% of general hospitals in the country, we have made great strides since returning to our roots as an independent hospital. As Marin County's only acute hospital and a vital resource for a wide range of essential health care services, it is our mission-and our passion-to excel in every medical specialty. We attract the finest physicians and employees who appreciate having the best of both worlds: the resources and medical sophistication of an academic medical center combined with the personalized, caring touch of an independent hospital. We have an exceptionally collaborative team that adheres to the highest service excellence standards to ensure that we deliver world-class, personalized care to patients. Till date, our Joint-Commission accredited hospital has won numerous awards and certifications in delivering best-in-class health care in the San Francisco Bay Area. Marin General Hospital currently has an opportunity for a Clinical RN - Psych Acute JOB SUMMARY:The purpose of this Clinical RN role is to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, direct and appropriately delegate to ensure the delivery of safe, quality patient care. This registered professional nurse will function within the full scope of RN licensure, according to the CA Nursing Practice Act. The Clinical RN will provide assessment, development, and implementation of the care plan, evaluating the effectiveness of that care, directing emergency interventions and collaborating with physicians, team members, and others to optimally manage patient care in the interest of the patient, acting as a patient advocate when necessary. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current CA registered nurse license.
- BLS-HP required.
- Management of Assaultive Behavior certificate required within 90 days of hire.
- One year Acute, Adult inpatient Behavioral Health experience strongly preferred.
- BSN highly preferred. Experience as charge nurse preferred. PREREQUISITE SKILLS:
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in all items of the Staff Nurse Skills Criteria at the conclusion of the probationary period.
- Demonstrated leadership and delegation skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work; time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members, other teams, physicians, and departments.
- Ability to read, speak, write, understand and follow English verbal and written instructions. WHAT WE OFFER: Marin General Hospital offers a generous suite of employee benefits, which includes a comprehensive and rich health benefits program (medical, dental, vision and prescription plans) at zero cost to you and your family. Our robust program (e.g. onsite health & fitness classes, discounts, etc) also promotes a healthier lifestyle for employees and to support you on your Healthy Healer journey. Other benefits include, but are not limited to, a 403(b) contribution plan and company-funded retirement plan, life insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave, which you will start accruing immediately. Our benefits are highly competitive and considered to be one of the best in the Bay Area! Find your healing place at Marin General Hospital. External hires must pass a background check and medical screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classifications protected by federal, state & local laws.
Keywords: Marin General Hospital, Santa Rosa , Clinical RN - Psych Acute, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!