ADMINISTRATIVE MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT - Multiple Locations
Company: Nitelines Usa
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: May 28, 2023
NEEDED: ADMINISTRATIVE MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (MSA)
- 4150 Clement St, San Francisco, CA 94121
- 2221 Martin Luther King Jr Way, Oakland, CA 94612
- 15145 Lakeshore Dr, Clearlake, CA 95422
- 930 W Harris St, Eureka, CA 95501
- 3841 Brick way Blvd, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- 2285 Challenger Way, Santa Rosa, CA 95407
- 525 21st St, Oakland, CA 94612
- 630 Kings Ct, Ukiah, CA 95482
- 1001 Sneath Ln Suite 300, San Bruno, CA STATUS: PRN, ON-CALL,
AS-NEEDED (not to exceed 40 hours per week)
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
- US Citizen / Resident of the United States of America.
- Should have 6 months to a year experience to apply for an
Medical Support Assistant position
- Ability to speak clearly, hear and write English.
- Utilize computer programs appropriately, usually involving
spreadsheets, word processing, etc.; log in; type 45-60 wpm with
- Heavy phone and computer usage, often simultaneously.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, hospital terminology
- Technical Proficiency: Shall be technically proficient in the
skills of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word
Document and have an understanding on how medical computer systems
operate necessary to fulfill the government's requirements.
Required to provide documents as needed to verify current and
ongoing competency, skills, related to the provision of care,
treatment and/or services performed within the medical center.
- Ability to pass a required level of security clearance
- Consistently responds to internal and external customer
requests for assistance in a courteous, professional, cooperative,
and helpful manner.
- Answers the phone within 5 rings and follows appropriate
telephone etiquette. Listens attentively to questions and confirms
understanding by restating to the caller. Will collect adequate
information before transferring a call to providers i.e., nurse,
- Has general knowledge of use and check in of all patients via
- Serves Patient Relations Representative and actively listens to
feedback, patient concerns and can self-resolve patient complaints
/ co-worker concerns in a tactful, professional manner.
- Understands the roles and responsibilities of others in the
team, participates in team huddles. All employees are expected to
be courteous and cooperative and to work to achieve the goals of
the clinic. This includes professional, constructive, and open
communication with supervisor and other employees. Performance must
demonstrate the ability to adjust to change or work under pressure
in a professional pleasant manner
- Manages and completes assigned work, provides input on work
progress and/or impediments, works collaboratively and maintains
- Receives reviews, prepares, and ensures correct punctuation,
spelling, grammar, format, styles and oversees the incoming and
- Will continuously update patient demographics, to include phone
number, address, next of kin, emergency contact and insurance
- Proficiency and daily use of personal computer, Outlook, Vista,
Lync, VetLink, and GuiMail.
- Retrieve and respond to voicemail within 48 business
- Proficiency in operationally opening and closing clinics daily,
updating no-shows within 24 hours of appointment.
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing faxes and mail, in accordance
with HIPPA standards.
- MSA provides support to patient aligned care team
- MSA has general oversight of the VA Point of Service VetLink.
He/she assists, mentors MSA's on VetLink procedures, reports
malfunctions to Lead MSA/ supervisor, who is monitored based on
patient check-in flow and feedback, within operational day.
- Knowledge in use of VA and another Computer software such as
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced MSA is responsible for workflow, completion, and
hand-offs for assigned work, for example, the monitoring of two
calls and a letter for recall reminders, which may apply to the
following reports/metrics Electronic Wait List maintenance, NEAR
Report, 90 Day Warning Report, Primary Care Management Module, dual
enrollment, and any other access related reports.
- Routinely reviews and uses data from reports, such as 7-day
access Performance Measures, PCMM/Dual enrollment, NEARS list,
vesting report, 90-day warning, consult management, recall
reminders and any other reports used to collaborate with team
members for patient appointments and communicates scheduling issues
to their supervisor.
- Responsible for mentoring scheduling practices, ensuring
Veterans are scheduled within the VA guidelines.
- Assess compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC) and other
regulatory program review criteria that govern service and ensure
that requirements are in place and are compliant as evidenced by
both internal and external reviews.
- Demonstrates participation and knowledge in the facility's
Compliance and Business Integrity Program to prevent violations of
the law as well as maintaining high ethical standards.
- Knowledge of safety and fire protection, Emergency Code
Awareness i.e., Code Blue, Code Silver and SDS policies and
- Ensure all patients check-in with appropriate two patient
identifiers, per policy.
- Always maintains computer and IT security. Responsible for all
transactions under his / her badge, access and verify codes, and
protection or equipment, hardware, or software. Uses access
security codes only in the performance of official duties.
- Responsible for protecting electronic and printed files
containing sensitive information.
- Protects information from unauthorized release, loss,
alteration, or deletion, following applicable regulations and
instructions in the computer access agreement.
BENEFITS: (Based on hours worked) Potential for accrued vacation,
accrued sick leave, 11 paid federal holidays, 401K opportunity, and
Health Benefits contribution.
Keywords: Nitelines Usa, Santa Rosa , ADMINISTRATIVE MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT - Multiple Locations, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...