RRT travel Therapy / Rehab needed in Santa Rosa, California
Company: Cynet Health
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Weekly Pay range - $2683.8 to $2982.00
- Under general supervision Cynet Health RRT will perform all
respiratory care related duties.
- He or she sets up and administers all routine and complex
respiratory therapy procedures to patients of all ages in all areas
of the hospital, particularly in the ER, NURSERY/ NICU & PICU, and
ICU/CCU departments as prescribed by a physician.
- Responsible for the application and operation of acute care
ventilators used for continuous short and long-term mechanical
ventilation of adults, pediatrics and neonates.
- Therapists are expected to be self directed in the absence of
the full-time Team Leader.
- Maintain all department and hospital records and enters
accurate information into the hospital computer for the therapy as
- Onsite Supervisor or Manager of contracted medical
- Cynet Healthstaff Director of NursingDuties and
- Review the chart to verify proper prescription by a physician,
and appropriateness of the procedures ordered, will perform
procedures accurately and in a timely manner, and as described in
the policy and procedure manual of the contracted medical facility
such as the following:
- Oxygen Therapy; tank, tent, mask, cannula, walker, high flow,
etc. Coughing and deep breathing instruction and exercises and
related maneuvers including Incentive SpirometryAerosol Therapy;
Bland and Medicated, Metered dose, Ambient, Ultrasonic, Sputum
Induction Comprehensive Pulmonary Function Testing, and nutritional
assessment via calorimetry Chest Physical Therapy IPPB, CPAP, BiPAP
Therapy Airway maintenance, oral, nasal, and tracheal
suctioning.Arterial puncture for the purpose of blood gas analysis,
after proper certification Non-invasive monitoring Mechanical
Ventilation of the neonate/infant Continuous mechanical ventilation
of acute and critically ill adults in ER, ICU-CCU & long-term
setting Assist with , diagnostic and therapeutic
- Performs assessment ofhe patient, determining needs related to
the frequency and duration of the treatment regime ordered by the
MD. Requests re-order when necessary and communicates with nurse
and MD about discrepancies and concerns.
- Initiates and follows through with protocols described in the
policy and procedure manual and as approved by the department and
- Observes the response of the patients to therapy, evaluates and
records in the patients record. Immediately reports adverse
reactions following established mechanisms.
- Maintains proper critical care records, (flowsheets, charts,
and record cards.) Chart treatments and procedure accurate in the
forms provided immediately upon completion. Enters appropriate
information into the hospital computer system accurately and
- Participates in Multidisciplinary Care Planning by regularly
attending care conferences and by keeping care plans up to
- Respond to emergent situations in the hospital and assists with
providing CPR/ACLS as certified by the American Heart Association
and as directed by the hospital procedure.
- Assist with the on-going evaluation and renewal of therapy by
direct communication with ordering practitioners as directed by
policy and as assigned.
- Makes oxygen rounds as necessary and appropriate, causing the
safe and effective use of supplies and equipment. Provide for the
titration of oxygen as described by Protocol.
- Provides instruction to patients, family, staff, and students
about theory, therapy, and equipment used in Respiratory Care
procedures and techniques, and documents such as required. Provides
instruction and referral for Home care patients and their
- Demonstrates competence and provide for the cleaning,
sterilization, assembly and maintenance of equipment and stocking
of supplies in the department and the floors, as necessary and
- Provides complete report to on-coming personnel and takes a
complete report from offgoing personnel.
- Will act as Team Lead in the absence of the regular Team Lead
on a rotational basis as assigned, performing the duties and
responsibilities described in that job description to the best of
- Respiratory Care. May be requested to prepare and provide
in-service presentations to the staff.
- Seek to improve performance by participating in
self-development activities, in-services, and continuing education
that is appropriate for the effective and efficient delivery of
- Assists in the orientation of new nursing and RC personnel to
the department, ICU/CCU, ER, Nursery, hospital and Skilled Nursing
- Provides developmentally appropriate care to support patients
of all ages during their hospitalization.
- Demonstrates competence in the care of neonatal, pediatric,
adult or frail elderly groups of patients (when/if assigned to
these patients) relative to determining each patient's agerelated
and other physical, psycho social and cultural needs and carrying
out patient care activities.
- Supports multidisciplinary quality assessment and improvement
activities by participating in improving important aspects of care.
Participates in improving care by serving on committees or task
forces, collecting data when appropriate and sharing ideas for
improvement. Serves on Process Improvement Teams as requested and
reports significant quality and/or risk related problems to the
Quality Assurance Department on the appropriate forms
- Become proficient in and provide quality control and regular
maintenance of the Blood Gas machines as necessary and
- Performs other duties requested by the Manager, and/or Team
Leader and as described in the departments policy and procedure
- Always practices good customer relations skills.
- Maintains an orderly and neat department and work area at all
- Answers and responds to all calls and pages of the
- Maintains knowledge of recent advances in medical principles of
respiratory therapy equipment,procedures, and drugs.
- Maintains a good attendance record and follows all hospital
rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintains open and effective communications with patients and
their nurses, physicians, peers,supervisors, and students.
Establishes and maintains excellent interdepartmental and
interpersonal relationships.Minimum Job Requirements:
- Current License or written permission to practice required.
Must have immediate access to license while on duty.
- Actively registered with the National Board for Respiratory
Care (NBRC) required.
- Current BLS, ACLS, and NRP Certification required
- PALS and CPFT encouraged and preferred
- Membership in AARC and/or CSRC preferred
- 2 years previous hospital experience required
- Emergency Room, Critical Care, Pediatric, and Neonatal
Required for Onboarding
Keywords: Cynet Health, Santa Rosa , RRT travel Therapy / Rehab needed in Santa Rosa, California, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!