Psychiatric Liaison- Psychiatric Emergency
Company: Cross Country Healthcare
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Psychiatric Liaison Psychiatric Emergency-- - Responsible for
oversight and coordination of requests on the medical floors (as
appropriate) for Behavioral Health Services including: emergency
room evaluations, psychiatric consultations, and referrals to
appropriate psychiatric settings including transfer to inpatient
psychiatric units as necessary. Provides psychosocial assessments,
community resource information and referrals to patients and
families based upon identified patient needs. Performs
psychological clinical evaluations and makes independent clinical
recommendations based upon clinical assessment. Requires
independent psychosocial assessment skills with minimal onsite
supervision. -- - Essential Functions:
- Supports care coordination via bio-psychosocial assessment,
program linkage, and mobilization of community resources and
- Provides assessment for 5150 criteria and determination of
- Ensures placement or linkage to other support services.
- Responsible for determination and execution of discharge
options to appropriate level of care/service, ensures smooth
transition of care.
- Provides clinical input into treatment and discharge plans,
ongoing active collaboration and communication as part of
multidisciplinary team. -- - Skills:
- Able to interact professionally with referral sources and
patients on phone and in person.
- Knowledge of and ability to provide crisis intervention,
conflict resolution, problem-solving techniques, brief supportive
grief therapy and make appropriate referrals to community services
for long-term support.
- Ability to manage conflict.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively organize a variety of
- Skilled at ability to prioritize and multi-task in an
ever-changing array of clinical situations.
- Flexibility in role and responsibilities based on current needs
- Ability to attain certification in management of aggressive
behavior as offered by St. Joseph Health System. -- - Minimum
Position Requirements: Education:-- -Master's Degree in--
-Psychology or Social Work. Experience:-- -
- Inpatient experience with adult psychiatric patients.
- Strong background in clinical assessment and treatment.
- California license for independent practice as a mental health
clinician such as MFT, LCSW, PhD., O PandoLogic. Keywords: Clinical
Psychologist, Location: Santa Rosa, CA - 95406
Keywords: Cross Country Healthcare, Santa Rosa , Psychiatric Liaison- Psychiatric Emergency, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!