Patient Care Manager - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Organization:SSRRH-Sutter Santa Rosa Reg HospitalPosition
Overview: Manages and provides overall operational and clinical
nursing leadership to an inpatient department(s) or setting. Plans
and organizes inpatient nursing operations and resources to ensure
effective and efficient delivery of patient care consistent with
applicable laws, standards and regulations. Establishes protocols
and practices, ensuring compliance with department, affiliate,
operating unit, and/or system standards, policies and procedures,
the Joint Commission (TJC) standards, and applicable laws and
regulations. Takes a strategic and tactical approach in identifying
best practices and standardizing workflows/processes, and
developing plans of action to implement changes. Establishes and
manages capital and operational budgets to achieve financial
targets via effective utilization of personnel, resources and
supplies. Develops and maintains a solid partnership with internal
and external peers, leaders, and/or local/state/federal agencies to
facilitate and collaborate on initiatives or issues resolution.
Provides guidance and/or direct intervention in resolving
challenging or complex situations.Job Description:EDUCATION
- Other: Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing.CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- RN-Registered Nurse of California
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare ProviderEXPERIENCE
- 8 years experience in a nursing professional discipline with a
solid understanding of patient care and acute care operations.
- 8 years progressive clinical/healthcare management and/or
operations experience in the appropriate area of specialty.
- 8 years management, supervisory or team lead experience.
- 8 years experience with process improvement activities.
- 8 years prior experience working in labor union
- 8 years experience of budgeting and fiscal management.
- 8 years experience in survey protocols on a department and
organizational level (Joint Commission, State, etc).
- 8 years experience with electronic health record
applications.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Solid understanding of operations and workflows and how
department s process/workflow impacts other department
- Demonstrates understanding of business and operational
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including team building, and
coaching/mentoring with the ability to motivate and engage
- Demonstrates solid clinical proficiency and knowledge to
effectively plan and coordinate patient care consistent with
applicable laws, standards and regulations.
- Working knowledge and thorough understanding of
state/federal/local and/or accreditation standards and requirements
as it relations to operations and organization, with the ability
interpret and implement applicable standards and requirements.
- Demonstrates understanding of healthcare financial
- Demonstrates ability to develop and manage a budget.
- Understands age specific needs in providing care to patient
- Demonstrates tactical and analytical thinking and planning
skills, and is able to develop plan to accomplish objectives,
identify obstacles and resolve operational issues.
- Knowledge of emerging treads and how it impacts
- Ability to build and establish effective working partnership
with employees, peers and/or leaders to achieve business
- Demonstrates ability to handle confidential and sensitive
- Verbal and written communication, and interpersonal
- Ability to handle difficult circumstances and make sound
business decisions with little direction.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced
environment with changing business priorities.
- Organizational and time management skills, with the ability to
prioritize multiple projects while delivering quality service and
achieving business results.
- Demonstrates a customer service focus in all decisions and
- Demonstrates ability to work/interact with a diverse population
while respecting cultural and linguistic differences and fostering
an inclusive work environment.
- Working knowledge of wage and hour laws.
- Ability to use essential software and applications associated
with the role s duties and responsibilities. (Document specific
software or applications if necessary - e.g., Proficiency with Word
for an Admin Asst position) License/Certifications: BLS-Basic Life
Support Healthcare Provider - American Heart Association,
RN-Registered Nurse of California - California Department of
Consumer AffairsEducation:Job Shift:VariedSchedule:Full TimeShift
Hours:8Days of the Week:VariableWeekend Requirements:Rotating
WeekendsBenefits:YesUnions:NoPosition Status: ExemptWeekly
Hours:40Employee Status:RegularNumber of Openings:1 This position
may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport,
dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or
potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational
Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800. Sutter Health
Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans. Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, Santa Rosa , Patient Care Manager - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Healthcare , Occidental, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!