Staff RN II - Emergency Room *$20,000.00 Sign-On-Bonus and RelocationAssistance*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: August 5, 2022
We are looking for a Staff Nurse II for the Emergency Room at
Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital. Apply Today! Applicants that meet
qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions
from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 72 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 12-hour, Evenings
Under the direction of the Department Manager, the Staff Nurse II
independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically
and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses information from
a variety of sources to assess, plan implement and evaluate the
results of patient care.
- Demonstrates the ability to use all components of the nursing
process including assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating
care to meet the patient needs.
- Assesses patients according to department standards and
anticipates changes in patients' status.
- Identifies obvious as well as subtle patient problems and/or
abnormal assessments and appropriately reports and resolves.
- Develops plan of care based on age specific assessment.
- Involves patient and family and interdisciplinary resource to
develop and revise plan of care.
- Uses action plans, goals and time frames to produce desired
- Implementing Care:
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age specific patient's needs, including teaching
and discharge planning. Documents care appropriately.
- Provides assistance to others in implementing complex care.
- Administers medications and treatments according to hospital
policy and procedure and accepted standards of age specific care
and department standards.
- Communicates effectively with physicians, patients and families
within their age specific categories, providing necessary
information from the patient, family, other nurses, physicians and
allied health care professionals.
- Promotes a climate in which patients/families may act in their
own interest and intervenes when they are unable to do so.
- Evaluating Care:
- Assesses, reassesses and evaluates patient response to
- Participates with patient/family and other healthcare provided
in evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates leadership in handling daily activities on the
- Promotes and enhances collaborative/caring relationships.
- Acts as a resource to team members.
- Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to JCAHO, Title
22, hospital, departmental policies and procedures and other
- Demonstrates efficient use of time and resources by working
within established budget parameters.
- Participates in identification and implementation of cost
- Demonstrates commitment to department objectives and
- Participates in professional development:
- Maintains clinical competencies according to departmental
- Demonstrates a commitment for self-growth and competency.
- Participates in the review process by identifying, developing
and implementing goals and action plan with nurse manager.
- Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and
department communications/information and changes in practice.
- Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and
participates in research/quality data collection.
- Assists in modifying/improving practice based on clinical
findings and literature.
- Participates with the nurse manager in the development and
implementation of department goals.
- Able to communicate effectively in English (verbal and
- Effective skills in communication, problem solving,
interpersonal relationships, and prioritization.
- Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing
- Has the ability to think critically.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Basic computer skills.
- Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care
Minimum Position Requirements:
Experience: 6 months experience as a RN in a health care
- Current California RN licensure.
- BLS within 60 days of hire.
- Emergency:* ACLS.* TNCC (within 6 months of hire, SRMH only).*
PALS (within 6 months of hire).
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Experience: 1 year acute care experience.
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades to
improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay
region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph
of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950.
Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we
serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute,
outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma
County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa
Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center.
In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed
Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of
Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers,
Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the
Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical
Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care
services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying
hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care,
education to promote health and prevent chronic disease,
rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and
more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.
Company: Sonoma County Entities
Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: R356668
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Santa Rosa , Staff RN II - Emergency Room *$20,000.00 Sign-On-Bonus and RelocationAssistance*, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!