Social Worker - Emergency Dept.
Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: August 5, 2022
We are looking for a Social Worker (MSW) for the Case Management
Department at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital. Location: Santa Rosa,
CA Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours Shift: 8-hour,
Nights Job Summary: The Social Worker provides comprehensive
services to include psycho-social assessments, community resource
information and referrals to patients, their families and loved
ones, ranging in age from infants through geriatrics, as it
supports the continuum of care. Provides coordination of complex
discharge planning needs, and facilitates multidisciplinary care
team involvement to expedite plan of care for patients. Essential
- Provides comprehensive social services to patients, neonatal,
pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric, their family members
and significant others. The social worker operates with minimal
supervision in an intense environment with rapidly changing
priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills:
verbal, written, listening. Ability to convey instructions,
directions, and information appropriately and accurately. Ability
to work with diplomacy and tact with persons of diverse cultures
and socioeconomic backgrounds. Ability to work as a team
- Meets patient and family psychosocial needs regarding
hospitalization with emphasis on problematic situations and post
acute transition from acute care setting.
- Responsible for complex discharge planning with the assistance
of case manager.
- Manages the multidisciplinary team meetings of complex
patients, and participates in community networking.
- Supports care management through securing and mobilizing
community resources for the complex patient.
- Screens and assists in all Adult Protective and Child
Protective Service referrals, and also assists with conservatorship
- Delivers patient care competently according to social work
performance standards for neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult
and geriatric patient populations. Skills:
- Ability to perform age appropriate psychosocial assessments,
develops treatment plans, interprets findings to patients and
families, and establish any needed treatment plan.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to provide crisis
intervention, conflict resolution, problem solving techniques,
brief supportive grief therapy and make appropriate referrals to
community services for long-term support.
- Ability to assess the degree of danger to self or others as
well as grave disability and assist in referral to psychiatric
- Clinical expertise in assessment of suspected domestic
violence, child or adult/dependent abuse, and ability to provide
appropriate intervention based on hospital policy.
- Ability to successfully manage conflict.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively organize a variety of
concurrent activities, set realistic goals and objectives, plan
ahead, and meet deadlines while working independently with a
minimum of direction.
- Ability to work with others effectively in order to accomplish
tasks and functions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of stages of human
development, human behavior and cultural influences.
- Demonstrate knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to document and orally communicate accurately, clearly
- Ability to use clinical supervision to enhance professional
growth and examine clinical work.
- Computer software skills in a Windows environment.
- Ability to use problem-solving techniques to achieve desired
- Knowledge of and ability to perform mental status exam.
- Skills, knowledge and ability to support the policies and
procedures of the Case Management Department.
- Coordinate and participate in Patient Care Conferences.
- Serve on hospital and department committees, i.e. Bioethics
- Support performance improvement programs and activities.
Minimum Position Requirements: Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work (BSW) from an accredited
school of Social Work.
- Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited school
of Social Work or Master's level degree in related field with
equivalent experience. Experience:
- 2 years' experience in an acute care or skilled nursing
- Wide variety of experience in provision of social
services/discharge planning, OR
- Master's / MSW:
- 1 year experience, preferably in an acute care hospital
- Wide variety of experience in provision of Social Work
services. Preferred Position Qualifications:
Licenses/Certifications: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or
license eligible. Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has
worked for decades to improve health and quality of life in
California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the
Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa
Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by
the Sisters to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of
primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional
referral services. Sonoma County facilities aligned with Providence
include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only
Level II trauma center. In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley
Hospital and 43-bed Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious)
affiliates of Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent
Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North
County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group doing business as St.
Joseph Health Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care
Network (post-acute care services). We act as a regional referral
hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient
behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent
chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community
benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of
life throughout the area. Providence provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Providence complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as "on
call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled
on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies. Company:
Sonoma County Entities Category: Social Work Req ID: R356448
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Santa Rosa , Social Worker - Emergency Dept., Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!