RN Home Health Liaison
Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Posting Description We are looking for an Admissions Coordinator
Registered Nurse for Home Health Indirect at St. Joseph Home Care
Network. Location: Santa Rosa, CA Work Schedule: On Call/ Per Diem
Shift: 8-hour, Days Job Summary: Implements programs to inform
clients of St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services (HCS) capabilities
and benefits. Coordinates home health services after patients are
referred to assist in the transition from hospital to home and
ensure continuity of care between hospital or clinic setting and
home. Essential Functions:
- Assesses referrals for appropriateness for home care to include
medical, physical, social, and emotional status, home environment
and family's acceptance and ability to care for the patient in the
home and determine the need for equipment and supplies.
- Coordinates home health service needs of referral sources
including but not limited to hospitals, clinics, physicians and the
- Provides home care information/education at meetings with
hospital service, utilization review/discharge planners/case
managers, patients and patient's families and educates hospital
medical and physician staff, patients, and patient's families to
available home care services.
- Acts as a liaison between patients, families, payors,
physicians, and the network providing complete physician's orders,
referral information to the network intake department.
- Collects information and data regarding customer expectations,
preferences and satisfaction with St. Joseph programs and services.
Serves as customer advocate within the network.
- Promotes internal and external communication, problem solving,
and customer need identification through regular contact with
clinical area and intake department on an as needed basis.
- Maintains comprehensive records and statistics on coordination
- Assumes initial responsibility for assessing patient/family
needs for Home Health, Hospice, Infusion Pharmacy and consults with
the attending physician, Hospice Medical Director and other staff
members as necessary.
- Plans for admission of patients to Home Health, Hospice,
Infusion Pharmacy in coordination with agency representative,
patient/family, Hospitalist and primary physicians, Medical
Directors and hospital case manager.
- Determines patient's appropriateness for Home Health, Hospice
or Infusion services consistent with St. Joseph Home Care Services
policies and admission criteria and in conjunction with patient's
- Knowledge of current Medi-Cal and CMS rules and
- Knowledge of current third party payor requirements.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary team members.
- Communication skills, written, verbal, spoken with a broad
spectrum of individuals.
- Organizational skills to include prioritization, planning,
implementing and controlling.
- Positive innovative approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge and application of Electronic Health Records.
- Computer literate.
- Demonstrates computer competency. Minimum Position
Requirements: Education: Complete necessary education to attain RN
Licensure in state of California. Experience: 1 year Registered
Nurse experience. Licenses/Certifications:
- Active and current RN Licensure.
- California Driver License.
- Auto insurance. Preferred Position Qualifications: Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. Licenses/Certifications: Certified
Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse (CHPN) St. Joseph Home Care
Network (SJHCN) is a Home Health ministry of St. Joseph Health,
serving three Northern California counties; Humboldt County, Napa
County and Sonoma County. Our networks of compassionate, highly
skilled employees are dedicated to putting the patient first to
improve the health of individuals and families in our community.
The Home Health caregivers assist in restoring a patient's optimal
health and support the family by going into the home and
ministering to the physical, psychological and spiritual needs of
the patient and family members. Our home care services are a
literal representation of reaching out to our community to care for
our dear neighbors. Company: St. Joseph Home Care Network Category:
Preadmission Req ID: R360242
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Santa Rosa , RN Home Health Liaison, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!