Staff RN II - Orthopedics *$10,000 Sign-On-Bonus and Relocation Assistance*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: August 5, 2022
We are looking for a Staff Nurse II for the Orthopedics
Department at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital. Apply Today! Applicants
that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional
questions from our Modern Hire system. Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Part Time - 60 Biweekly Hours Shift: 12-hour, Nights Job
Summary: Under the direction of the Department Manager, the Staff
Nurse II uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and
efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses information from a
variety of sources to assess, plan implement and evaluate the
results of patient care. Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates the ability to use all components of the nursing
process including assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating
care to meet the patient needs.
- Assesses patients according to department standards.
- Identifies abnormal assessments and takes appropriate
- Develops plan of care based on age specific assessment.
- Involves patient, family and interdisciplinary resources to
develop and revise the plan of care.
- Uses action plans, goals and time frames to produce desired
- Implementing Care:
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age specific patient's needs, including teaching
and discharge planning. Documents care appropriately.
- Administers medications and treatments according to hospital
policy and procedure and accepted standards of age specific care
and department standards.
- Communicates effectively with physicians, patients and families
within their age specific categories, providing necessary
information from the patient, family, other nurses, physicians and
allied health care professionals.
- Promotes a climate in which patients/families may act in their
own interest and intervenes when they are unable to do so.
- Evaluating Care:
- Assesses, reassesses and evaluates patient response to
- Participates with patient/family and other healthcare provided
in evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates leadership in handling daily activities on the
- Promotes and enhances collaborative/caring relationships.
- Supervises assigned staff members, based on knowledge of the
person's job description and scope of practice.
- Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to JCAHO, Title
22, hospital, departmental policies and procedures and other
- Demonstrates efficient use of time and resources by working
within established budget parameters.
- Demonstrates commitment to department
- Participates in professional development:
- Develops clinical competencies according to departmental
- Demonstrates a commitment for self-growth and competency.
- Participates in the review process by identifying, developing
and implementing goals and action plan with nurse manager.
- Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and
department communications and changes in practice.
- Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and
participates in research/quality data collection.
- Participates with the nurse manager in the development and
implementation of department goals.
- Other specific competencies that have been identified by the
manager related to changes in departmental operations that focus on
current clinical practices and are listed on the Supplemental
- Able to communicate effectively in English (verbal and
- Effective skills in communication, problem solving,
interpersonal relationships, and prioritization.
- Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing
- Has the ability to think critically.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Basic computer skills.
- Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care
Team. Minimum Position Qualifications: Experience: 6 months
experience as a RN in a health care setting
- Current California RN licensure/Interim Permit.
- BLS within 60 days of hire Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Experience: 1 year Acute
care experience Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has
worked for decades to improve health and quality of life in
California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the
Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa
Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by
the Sisters to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of
primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional
referral services. Sonoma County facilities aligned with Providence
include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only
Level II trauma center. In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley
Hospital and 43-bed Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious)
affiliates of Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent
Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North
County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group doing business as St.
Joseph Health Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care
Network (post-acute care services). We act as a regional referral
hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient
behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent
chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community
benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of
life throughout the area. Providence provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Providence complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as "on
call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled
on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies. Company:
Sonoma County Entities Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing Req ID:
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Santa Rosa , Staff RN II - Orthopedics *$10,000 Sign-On-Bonus and Relocation Assistance*, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!