Surgical Technician I - Surgical Services
Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: August 5, 2022
We are looking for a Surgical Technician I for the Surgical
Services Department at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days (Variable Shift)
Performs scrub technologist duties for patients of all ages
undergoing surgical interventions.
- Demonstrates competency in aseptic technique throughout the
- Acquires and maintains technical skills required to function
competently in all specialties as demonstrated by annual
- Anticipates surgeon and patient needs.
- Demonstrates ability to appropriately use equipment necessary
for patient care within scope of practice.
- Safely identifies, dilutes and labels medications on surgical
field under supervision of RN.
- Demonstrates responsibility for containment of hospital costs
and conservation of supplies; identifies potential cost
- Establishes and maintains a safe, clean and organized physical
- Responds to the needs of patients, visitors, physicians, staff
and volunteers in a proactive manner to create a welcoming, service
- Reports patient/visitor/surgeon concerns, complaints and
information to manager.
- Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and
- Demonstrates commitment to department objectives and
- Other specific competencies that have been identified by the
manager related to changes in departmental operations that focus on
current clinical practices and are listed on the Supplemental
- Able to communicate effectively - written and oral.
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Effective skill in communication, problem solving,
interpersonal relationships and prioritization.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Experience: 1 year Recent experience in surgical setting as a
Surgical Scrub technician.
Licenses/Certifications: CPR certification within 60 days of
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Licenses/Certifications: Certification as Surgical
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades to
improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay
region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph
of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950.
Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we
serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute,
outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma
County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa
Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center.
In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed
Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of
Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers,
Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the
Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical
Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care
services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying
hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care,
education to promote health and prevent chronic disease,
rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and
more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.
Company: Sonoma County Entities
Category: Surgical Techs
Req ID: R354630
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Santa Rosa , Surgical Technician I - Surgical Services, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!