OB Technician - Family Birthing Center
Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description We are looking for a OB Technician for the Family
Birthing Center at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital. Location: Santa
Rosa, CA Work Schedule: On Call / Per Diem Shift: 12-hour, Days Job
Summary: Performs scrub technologist duties for patients undergoing
surgical interventions in the following specialties: C-Sections,
hysterectomies, cervical lacerations, and tubal ligations. Under
the supervision of an RN/LVN, the OB Technician will provide direct
patient care within the scope of practice. Essential Functions:
- Responds to the clinical and service needs of patients and
families in a proactive way, utilizing effective prioritization of
needs and good judgment in decision making.
- Demonstrates competency when performing patient care and
surgical scrub procedures within scope of practice. To include:
collection of assessment data (such as vital signs, intake and
output), patient hygiene, nutrition and mobility needs, surgical
instrument and supply set-up, maintenance of the sterile field,
anticipation of physician and patient needs in the surgical
setting, initiation of surgical counts, identify and correct
contamination's of the sterile field, assist MD or RN in sterile
procedures, provide patient comfort and privacy during all
- Demonstrates competency in urgent/emergent surgical cases
maintaining a calm demeanor. Able to multi-task under emergent
- Inventories and maintains supplies in anesthesia carts,
epidural carts, operating rooms, labor rooms and nurse's
- Responds to the needs of patients, visitors, physicians, staff
and volunteers in a manner that is a welcoming, service-oriented
- Establishes and maintains a safe, clean and organized physical
environment by adhering to all hospital and department policies and
procedures. Identifies and reports unsafe practices and
- Documents data collected and patient care provided within scope
- Demonstrates to commitment to department objectives and
- Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and
department communications/information. Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully (both
verbal and written). Able to give and receive constructive
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation and procedures.
- Basic office and computer skills. Able to enter orders,
retrieve lab results, assembles patient charts.
- Ability to interact with patients, physicians, and co-workers
in a courteous, service-oriented manner.
- Demonstrates an attitude of cooperation and flexibility by
responding to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Demonstrates ability to walk and stand for long periods of
- Demonstrated ability to work under changing conditions with
- All Ratings on performance evaluation are on target (OT) or
- Preferred: Medical Terminology.
- Preferred: Basic Computer Skills. Minimum Position
Requirements: Education: Coursework/Training - Completion of scrub
training with competency sign off by designated trainer.
- 1 year Patient care experience as a Care Partner II or
- 1 year Patient care experience post completion of scrub
competencies in Labor and Delivery. Licenses/Certifications: CPR
Certification within 60 days of hire. Preferred Position
- EMT, Medical Assistant or CNA Certificate.
- OB Tech/Surgical Tech Certificate. About Providence At
Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know me, care for
me, ease my way." Working at our family of organizations means that
regardless of your role, we'll walk alongside you in your career,
supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class
benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is
valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together,
our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals,
over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services
across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and
Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are
serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our
more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: SR353754 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category:
Surgical/Perioperative Services Job Function: Clinical Care
Schedule: Per-Diem Shift: Day Career Track: Clinical Support
Department: 7820 OBSTETRICS Address: CA Santa Rosa 1165 Montgomery
Dr Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed,
national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Santa Rosa , OB Technician - Family Birthing Center, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!