LVN - I.V.Cert TEMP Santa Rosa (20 hours)
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Provides nursing care, under the direct supervision of a Registered
Nurse or physician, in accordance with the legal scope of practice
and within established standards of care, policies, and procedures.
Demonstrates performance consistent with the Medical Center Vision,
Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization. Remains flexible
to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality and
effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and treats
co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the health care
team with dignity and respect.
This classification is for LVNs working in a designated IV Therapy
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse demonstrates proficiency by
exhibiting the following skills, competencies, and
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local
- Demonstrates a professional, supportive attitude.
- Identifies and supports new ideas.
- Utilizes effective communication strategies, including chain of
command and issue escalation, which result in intended
- Participates in problem identification and resolution.
- Mentors and orients others in skill and behavioral
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in
order to assist member problem resolution.
- Prioritizes and delegates work assignments appropriately to
ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures,
and standards of practice.
- Nursing Process:
- Performs patient care activities, within the scope of practice,
considering age-related needs of the patient as assigned.
- Reports unusual findings to the Registered Nurse and
contributes recommendations for revision to the plan of
- Adheres to hospital standards, which customize care for
age-related needs of the population served.
- Keeps health care team members informed regarding patients
responses to interventions.
- Collaborates with registered Nurse to develop individualized
plan of care that reflects clinical findings, planning,
implementing, and evaluating the outcomes of that plan.
- Monitors patients progress based on the plan.
- Assures care meets standards of practice.
- Collaborates with Registered Nurse to assure patient/family
- Charting is legible, dated, and timed.
- Documentation reflects thorough data collection and care
- Applies standard precautions; maintains a safe environment for
self and others.
- Clinical Outcomes:
- Discusses patient findings and progress toward outcomes with
Registered Nurse, physicians, and other members of the health care
- Demonstrates competencies during the probationary period and
ongoing by completion of departmental competency
- Participates in departmental performance improvement
activities, i.e., planning, and measuring/monitoring, assessing and
- Utilizes computer systems effectively and efficiently.
- Customer Service:
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service
Area, Medical Center, and specified department.
- Anticipates the customers desires, takes proactive steps to
meet those needs, by listening and taking responsibility within
scope to ensure issues are resolved.
- Promptly answers call lights, alarms, and patient
- Facilitates the customer's ability to utilize
- Maintains and protects patient confidentiality.
- Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work
- Team Commitment:
- Viewed by others to be an effective team member who is
flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively and
seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions
- Acts as a resource, preceptor, and mentor to new employees,
registry, students, and other team members.
- Actively participates in departmental professional development
- Adheres to Attendance Policy.
- Supports a collaborative labor-management partnership
- Collaborates with physician and/or Registered Nurse to develop
individualized plan of care that reflects clinical findings,
planning, implementing, and evaluating the outcomes of that
- Collaborates with physician and/or Registered Nurse to assure
Minimum six months acute care and/or related outpatient experience
within past four years. Minimum one year acute care experience
within past four years if working in a Home Health/Hospice
- High School Diploma/GED
License, Certification, Registration
- Vocational Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support
- I.V. Certification updated within last 3 years or must have
demonstrated I.V. Competencies.
- Experience requirements may be waived or modified when an
appropriate program or course is available and successfully
completed for New Graduate LVNs or for area of
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents
of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
PrimaryLocation : California,Santa Rosa,Santa Rosa Medical Offices
HoursPerWeek : 20
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri,*Expected length of employment
is up to 3 months
WorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 12:30 PM
Job Schedule : Part-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Temporary
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : A01-SEIU-United
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Department : Santa Rosa Medical Offices 6 - Adult Primary Care-Unit
A - 0206
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Santa Rosa , LVN - I.V.Cert TEMP Santa Rosa (20 hours), Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!