Reproductive Health Specialist II - Ukiah and Clea
Company: PLANNED PARENTHOOD SHASTA-DIABLO
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPlanned Parenthood Northern California (PPNorCal)
is seeking a full-time Reproductive Health Specialist II to serve
our clients at the Ukiah and Clearlake Health Centers. The
Reproductive Health Specialist reports to the Center Director and
is an integral part of the Client Services department. This
position is a non-exempt, full-time position, working 40 hours per
week. Salary is DOE + comprehensive benefits package including
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, ETO, and 403B! CLOSING DATE:
Until Filled APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: If brought to the next phase
of the selection process, you will be requested to provide a video
response to screening questions. You will have 72 hours to complete
this video response screening.SUMMARY Work in family planning,
prenatal (if offered), and abortion services as a member of a
health care team to provide health information to patients and
health center-based services. Assist Center Directors/ Managers as
needed. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as phone receptionist; book appointments, provide
information about medical services and appropriate referrals,
screen calls, provide health information as appropriate, and
- Ensure accurate completion and patient understanding of all
- Assess eligibility for funding, health insurance and/or fees.
Collect payments, and complete on-line eligibility processes.
- Perform accurately all vital signs and lab tests; including
blood draws and injections; document accurately.
- Work as a team member to set-up and clean-up exam rooms and
lab, handle lab specimens, stock supplies, and maintain lab
- Review and reconcile billing on a daily basis.
- Abstract or scan medical records into the electronic health
record as needed.
- Input and update patient information in the electronic health
- Assist the nurse/clinician/physician as indicated.
- Assist in family planning, STD, abortion and prenatal services
(if applicable) to include providing information about pregnancy
options and support in a caring, non-judgmental, factual
- Assist in all aspects of abortion procedure, including
performing vital signs, lab work, and tissue processing as needed;
assist physician during procedure while being supportive of
patient; and assist in recovery room.
- Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait
time in-health center and on the phone, and the system for
addressing patient complaints.
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established
goals for productivity.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve
established revenue cycle goals.
- Float RHS staff are required to travel to multiple regional
based health centers as requested. May be short notice and travel
will be greater than 50% of time.
- Active participation in the advancement of PPNorCal's
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitment.QUALIFICATIONS To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College
or technical school; or six months to one year related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience working in a health care setting preferred.
- Knowledge of medical assistant practices and reproductive
- Ability to work calmly, efficiently and represent the
organization with a high degree of professionalism.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, judgment,
organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to work independently and as a member
of the team.
- Flexible and able to work in other health center locations, as
- Must be able to travel to Administration Offices to attend
trainings and meetings as needed.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish highly desired.
- Ability to support the provision of reproductive healthcare
services to socioeconomically diverse populations with cultural
- Ability to support the provision of reproductive health care
services with a non-judgmental, patient-centered approach.
- Commitment to quality healthcare.OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES,
- Function as a member of a health care team, demonstrating a
positive attitude and willingness to assist team members at all
times. Handle communication problems with other staff and managers
directly, constructively, and with sensitivity.
- Maintain professional image through appropriate dress and
manner. Treat other staff and patients with courtesy and respect at
all times, under all circumstances.
- View services through the patients' eyes to serve patients
promptly, competently, and in a friendly manner. Treat complaints
as opportunities to improve service.
- Maintain complete patient confidentiality at all times.
- Be capable of working in a busy environment, handling multiple
tasks simultaneously without compromising accuracy, attention to
detail, and courtesy and respect to patients and staff.
- Through meetings and discussions, help develop ideas for
improving services in ways that patients value.
- Remain flexible and available to extend/change scheduled hours
as needed to meet needs of the health center and our patients.
- Follow affiliate-wide protocols, policies, and procedures, and
any center-specific policies and procedures.
- Understand and demonstrate, in all interactions, the importance
of high quality care, including accurate charting, filing, and
- Participate in maintaining general upkeep of the facility; keep
lobbies, reception area, and other rooms tidy.Planned Parenthood
Northern California is an equal opportunity employer and works
affirmatively to include diversity among its staff and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion,
sex/gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, income, marital status or any other irrelevant
dimension of diversity. PPNorCal values collaboration between
employees of diverse backgrounds and experiences.Planned Parenthood
Northern California generates healthier communities through the
delivery of quality sexual and reproductive health care services.We
provide healthcare and education services to 137,000 adults and
youth every year at 17 health centers located throughout 20
Northern California counties. Planned Parenthood Northern
California offers high-quality, affordable health care to all,
regardless of income, insurance, or immigration status. We care. No
matter what!Our experienced and caring medical staff gives each
patient honest information and personal attention. We provide a
full range of services, including birth control, breast exams,
cancer screenings, medication and in-clinic abortion, pregnancy
testing and counseling, prenatal care, PrEP, and nPEP to prevent
HIV infection, STD screening and treatment, vasectomy and
infertility services, gender-affirming hormone therapy, and
Keywords: PLANNED PARENTHOOD SHASTA-DIABLO, Santa Rosa , Reproductive Health Specialist II - Ukiah and Clea, Healthcare , Ukiah, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!