Staff Nurse II Recovery Room
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Position Overview:The new Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital
(SSRRH) is located in the heart of Northern California's famous
wine country, just 50 miles north of San Francisco and 30 minutes
from the beautiful Pacific Coast. Providing quality health care
services to the residents of Sonoma County for over 130 years,
SSRRH has 118 licensed beds (84 Inpatient, 24 Outpatient & 10 Labor
& Delivery) and serves a population of more than 130,000 people.
Centers of excellence include: Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac
Surgery, Women's and Children's Services, and Level III NICU. JOB
SUMMARY Provides professional nursing care for patients. Under the
general direction of the Manager, the Staff Nurse II independently
uses the nursing process to safely, compassionately,
therapeutically and efficiently provide individualized care for a
group of patients for which the nurse demonstrates age specific
competencies. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate the results of patient care. May
supervise the work and function for other staff nurses, licensed
vocational nurses, nursing assistants and clinical support
associates. Must have ability to work during weekdays, weekends,
holidays, and various shift hours. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Demonstrates the ability to use all components of the nursing
process including assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating
care to meet the individual patient s needs according to their age,
culture and condition.
- Assesses patients, identifies obvious as well as subtle patient
problems and/or abnormal assessments, anticipates changes in
patient s condition and appropriately reports and resolves.
- Develops plan of care based on age specific assessment.
Involves patient, family and interdisciplinary resources to develop
and revise the plan of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age
appropriate care in compliance with Standards of Care and Standards
- Provides assistance to others in implementing complex care and
treatments within their age specific categories.
- Administers medications and treatments according to hospital
policy and procedure and accepted standards of age specific care
and department standards.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families and other
health care providers. Participates in multidisciplinary patient
care conferences as needed.
- Promotes a climate in which patients/families may act in their
own interest and intervenes as an advocate when they are unable to
- Reassesses and evaluates patient response to care and takes
appropriate action to assure patient s needs are being met.
- Participates with patient/family and other members of the
healthcare team in evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Substantiates patient care provided with appropriate
documentation.Demonstrates leadership in daily activities on the
- Promotes collaborative/caring relationships.
- Acts as a resource to team members.
- Supervises assigned staff members, based on knowledge of the
person s job description and scope of practice.
- Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to hospital,
departmental policies and procedures and regulatory
- Demonstrates efficient use of time and resources and
participates in identification and implementation of cost saving
- Demonstrates commitment to hospital s mission, values and
- In collaboration with the nurse manager, participates in at
least one activity/project, to help the department/hospital improve
quality, cost effectiveness or customer/patient service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Participates in professional
- Maintains clinical competencies according to departmental
- Demonstrates a commitment for continuous learning.
- Participates in the annual performance review process by
identifying, developing and implementing goals and action plan with
- Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and
department communications and changes in practice.
- Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and
participates in research or performance improvement
- Attends and participates in department staff
meetings.Qualifications:License CertificationCalifornia License as
a Registered Nurse EducationAssociate s Degree in Nursing required,
Bachelor s Degree preferred Experience RN II: Six months recent
professional nursing experience required. Knowledge Has the ability
to think critically and set priorities. Participates as a
collaborative member of the Patient Care Team. Demonstrates the
basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-specific care
to patients serviced, including knowledge of the principles of
growth and development and psychosocial characteristics and
interpreting age appropriate data for the populations served in the
department. Demonstrates appropriate communication and patient
education skills for the patient population served. Demonstrates
basic computer skills and use of office equipment (e.g., fax
machine, scanner, etc.). Demonstrates competencies required by
department (per initial orientation and annual review). Working
knowledge of established safety topics (e.g., Infection Control,
Electrical Safety, Disaster) as required by department and
organizational standards. Organization:Sutter Santa Rosa Regional
HospitalEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Referral Bonus:
NoBenefits: YesPosition Status: Non-ExemptUnion: YesJob Shift:
VariableShift Hours:8 Hour ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled:Varied
DaysWeekend Requirements: Every Other WeekendSchedule: Full TimeHrs
Per 2wk Pay Period:72Applications Accepted:All Applications
AcceptedSchedule/Shift: Full Time/ Variable
Keywords: Sutter Health, Santa Rosa , Staff Nurse II Recovery Room, Healthcare , Geyserville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!