Correctional Medicine Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner at Sonoma County Jail Needed
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Correctional Medicine opening in Santa Rosa, California. This
and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Physician Assistant provide a full range of medical services
for patients. Works under the supervision of the Site Medical
Director and other site Physicians and in accordance with
established policy and procedure as well as within the state
guidelines. Provides required documentation of services to the Site
Medical Director or designee in order to monitor provision of
clinical services. Notifies the Medical Director and H.S.A.
regarding changes in schedule coverage. Assists in arrangements for
coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period
- Bachelor's degree from an AMA / AAPA approved Physician
- Prior medical/surgical and/or emergency/trauma experience and
corrections experience preferred
- Must have the patience and tact to deal with the patient
population and ability to work effectively in the corrections
- Scheduling flexibility is also required to be able to rotate
hours and shifts, if needed, and to be called during emergency
situations to provide coverage
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant within the
- Current CPR CertificationResponsibilities
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine
- Conducts on-site chronic care clinics and sick call as
established by Site Medical Director, Health Services Administrator
- Conducts infirmary rounds as established by Site Medical
Director, Health Services Administrator or designee and records
encounters in the patient's progress notes.
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem
oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens
before using non-formulary procedure.
- Respond to a code or health emergency within standard
- Makes pertinent observations and draws logical conclusions,
which validate need for non-formulary drug, which is recorded on
non-formulary form and submitted to the Medical Director for
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or
resolution of identified problems before using off-site referral,
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately
in urgent or emergency situations.
- Supports standards of medical care through adherence to
existing policies and procedures for: Admission to the infirmary
(when one is on site); Transfer to emergency room; Utilization
review process for specialty consultant referrals.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her
individual judgments and actions.
- Reports any doubts or questions regarding the lack of
appropriate referrals, nursing or medical intervention necessary
for the realization of established patient goals to the Medical
Director or Health Services Administrator for disposition.
- Uses Universal or Standard Precautions at all times.
- Prescribes a planned regimen of total patient care, which is
adequate, problem-oriented and appropriate to the needs of the
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects patient's
rights to privacy, in accordance with accepted confidentiality
practices for incarcerated individuals.
- Provides input into facility mandatory committees such as
Pharmacy and Therapeutics and Medical Audit Committee as requested
by Site Medical Director, Health Services Administrator or
- Must maintain privileges.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: Wellpath, Santa Rosa , Correctional Medicine Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner at Sonoma County Jail Needed, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!