QUALITY IMPROVEMENT RN SPECIALIST - PHYSICIAN QUALITY COORDINATOR
Company: WPA Staffing Solutions, LLC
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: January 10, 2022
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT RN SPECIALIST - PHYSICIAN QUALITY
Location: United States - California - Santa Rosa
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services
Job Category: Medical / Health - Nurse
- $20,000 Sign-On Bonus for qualified candidates based on
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
The Quality RN Specialist supports the Performance Improvement
Department's management team in the planning and implementation of
a systemic program for clinical quality and outcomes improvement
The position serves as primary support to population focus Medical
Staff Quality Committees (e.g., Medicine, Surgery, Neurology,
Emergency Medicine, etc.) in the monitoring and evaluation of
processes for clinical performance improvement and peer review. The
Coordinator supports concurrent oversight and review of clinical
quality measures and evidence-based standards of care for high
risk, high volume populations (e.g., Stroke, diabetes, heart
- Leads and/or facilitates clinical performance improvement
teams/taskforce as indicated.
- Serves as a team facilitator and consultative resource for
clinical and departmental leadership and staff responsible for
quality and performance improvement activities.
- Promotes quality culture to population based multidisciplinary
quality/performance improvement teams.
- Supports and assists Quality Department management team in the
implementation and monitoring of the Hospitals clinical quality
improvement efforts. This may include concurrent oversight of Core
- Supports and maintains records, minutes, and data from population
based quality committees, ad hoc PI teams, and other strategic
quality initiatives in accordance with SJH confidentiality, and
Federal and State regulatory guidelines.
- Participates in regulatory activities and surveys, using working
knowledge of CMS/Joint Commission, and Title 22 standards.
- Attends medical staff committee meetings with punctuality
(meetings may occur at varying frequency throughout the day,
including early morning and late evening).
- Collaborates with Committee Chairs in developing meeting agendas
and setting priorities and in leading improvement efforts related
to Quality/Peer Review.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge and competency in using
the following systems: MEDITECH; Microsoft Office application
including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Visio; and
creates reports for presentation to medical staff committees.
- Knowledge of CMS Core Measure guidelines.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge and competency in the
utilization of PI framework and tools such as rapid cycle
improvement, PDCA, Lean, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode
Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic workflow in a clinical setting.
Has an in depth understanding of population-based care and
evidence-based practice standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: Coursework/Training - Graduate of accredited School of
License/Certification: Current California RN Licensure
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Experience: 3 years of experience in Quality Improvement.
Our hospital has worked for decades to improve health and quality
of life in California.
We act as a regional referral hub for outlying hospitals, while
also providing outpatient behavioral health care, education to
promote health and prevent chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral
health care, community benefit programs, and more, all fostering
health and quality of life throughout the area.
Our hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, our hospital complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
- Do you have at least 2 years of experience in Quality
- Do you have at least 2 years of experience in Risk
- Do you have critical and forensic care experience?
- Have you done retrospective morbidity and mortality reviews? Do
you work well with physicians and scoring case reviews?
- Tell us about your ability to do analysis and trend
- Have you participated in regulatory surveys for
- Do you have knowledge of joint commission, or CMS or patient
- Has to be good with software and looking through data
- Reviews through retrospective morbidity and mortality
- Coordinating and working with physicians scoring case reviews
that are a peer review where the data is pulled out from the
- So, they need critical or forensic care experience.
- Ability to do analysis and trend reporting
- Knowledge of joint commission or CMS or Patient (safety)
- They will prepare charts and graphs.
- Information is confidential.
- Timely and accurate triage of medical staff related to risk event
- They will participate in regulatory surveys for credentialing
- Power point, windows, Excel.
We extend a culture of shared core values among all caregivers
(employees). Our core values are Compassion, Dignity, Justice,
Excellence and Integrity. These core values are woven into
everything we do - regardless of role or position. We envision
every interaction as an opportunity to serve.
Time for Reflection
Company is known for treating one another within our family as more
than mere workers. We celebrate each others' gifts to the
organization and support one another with opportunity of thought.
It's common for each group gathering or meeting to start with a
reflection - either a reading, a poem, short story, a picture or
even a video. Taking time for reflection allows participants to
ground and center themselves to focus on what the gathering's
purpose is... or to just gather thoughts of how their actions and
words contribute to our core mission of serving all, and especially
those who are poor and vulnerable.
Keywords: WPA Staffing Solutions, LLC, Santa Rosa , QUALITY IMPROVEMENT RN SPECIALIST - PHYSICIAN QUALITY COORDINATOR, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!