Research Scientist, Clinical Assay Development
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.The Research Scientist,
Clinical Assay Development position is located in Santa Rosa, CA or
can be remote with frequent travel to Santa Rosa, CA.This position
will provide LDT development leadership for multiple clinical
assays on chemistry instrument platforms. Serves as a subject
matter expert to other departments for Clinical Assay Development
and provides training to the Clinical Scientists. Performs
responsibilities meeting project commitments and in compliance with
applicable procedures; regulations and standards.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Designs, conducts and leads LDT development for clinical
chemistry assays and panels on routine laboratory testing analyzers
- Designs and executes experiments, applies advanced knowledge of
instrument platform to adjust assay file parameters to achieve
- Analyzes data from multiple experiments, formulates conclusions
and determines future experiments. Integrates data and identifies
critical process variables.
- Presents scientific observations to others, supervises and
trains lower-level scientists. Provides consultation to others on
- Anticipates, recognizes, and resolves technical problems,
identifies new direction for LDT development in collaboration with
the Principal Scientist.
- Serves as the s ubject matter expert for the chemistry assay
- Appropriately documents experimental procedures and results
according to established guidelines.
- Facilitates the development of pre-feasibility, feasibility and
test validation timelines in coordination with the Principal
- Supports clinical studies as needed (e.g. clinical co-relation
studies for the new developed tests).
- Performs literature and competitive intelligence searches to
support the development of LDTs and processes.
- Integrates medical/physiological relevance of biomarkers with
assay design to arrange, support, and design LDTs.
- Supports clinical research team with the review and monitoring
of clinical study data.
- Lead and participate in training and educational opportunities
for personal development and cross-training within the
organization. Responsible for training organization on Clinical
Assay Development processes and systems; as applicable.
- This position may have direct reports and provide mentoring,
career development and conduct performance evaluations.
- Accountable for development of LDTs for clinical markers within
the scope of the project.
- Accountable for scheduled completion dates. Accountable for
early identification of issues or risks to projects and plans for
resolution. Responsible for mentoring; training and cross-training
of others within the organization.
- This position works with a high degree of competence in
Clinical Assay Development. The Research Scientist works in
collaboration with the Principal Scientist and has the required
autonomy in conducting R&D activities for developing clinical
assays.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- PhD in Biological Science or Medical Specialty
- Minimum of 4 years experience in clinical test development in a
clinical research environment or a research laboratory with
automated IVD assay/instrument experience, including data analysis,
interpretation and management presentation experience.
- Experience writing technical reports, presenting results and
working with electronic document management systems.
- Extensive experience with clinical chemistry assay
platforms.WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott, you can have a good job that can
grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communitiesLearn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully:
http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx Follow your
career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a
company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee
diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
@AbbottGlobal. -An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and
encourages diversity in our workforce. - We provide reasonable
accommodation to qualified -individuals with disabilities. -
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Santa Rosa , Research Scientist, Clinical Assay Development, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!