RN, Clinical Care - Vista Campus
Company: Santa Rosa Community Health
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: November 16, 2021
The Clinical Care RN is responsible for direct and indirect
patient care and education. S/he participates in the case
management of high risk or complex clinical patients and monitors
tracking systems. Evaluates and improves quality assurance
functions of clinical support staff for individual patient care,
including population health measures.Specific Tasks/Duties
- Assists with meeting the needs of complex medical patients,
including assessment, education, referrals, and follow-up care.
This may involve face-to-face, phone meetings, and review of
electronic messaging and media.
- Provides nursing care including but not limited to
administering medications and treatments in compliance with a
medical provider?s orders, Santa Rosa Community Health?s policies,
and State of California guidelines. This is inclusive of assigned
functions within electronic health records.
- Participates with the rest of the clinical team to improve
quality of patient care and infection control.
- Interprets information obtained from patient and others,
including the health care team, and documents all clinical care in
the patient?s electronic medical record.
- Provides complex care coordination including but not limited
to: patient triage, phone call-backs, prescription refills, lab
ordering and interpretation, and medical case management.
- Monitors tracking systems for abnormal labs, infectious
diseases, and high risk referrals.
- Provides guidance to LVNs and other designated health care team
members regarding health care coordination and health care
- Develops independent care plans for the chronic disease
management of patients.
- Maintains skills proficiency.
- Participates in ongoing training.
- Understands CDC/VFC immunization, schedules, storage, and
- Provides guidance for LVNs related to phone and walk-in triage
- Performs related duties as requested.Education:
- Current California RN license.
- Current CPR certification.Experience:
- Two years? experience with direct patient care and coordination
preferred.Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of the nursing process and critical thinking
- Knowledge of electronic medical records and tracking
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through verbal,
written, and electronic means.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of the
- Fluency in English and Spanish (speak, read and write)
preferred.Physical Requirements:While performing the duties of this
job, this position is frequently required to do the following:
- Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve
information from a computer. Use computer keyboard with manual and
finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform
repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner
which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking,
including a diverse population.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention
to detail and accuracy.
- Perform complex mental functions; collect, interpret, and/or
analyze complex data and information.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Reach forward, up, down, and to the side.
- Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time.
- Lift up to 15 pounds.
- Vision: see details of objects at close range.
Keywords: Santa Rosa Community Health, Santa Rosa , RN, Clinical Care - Vista Campus, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!