Registered Nurse (RN) - Intake
Company: TechFlow, Inc.
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: April 10, 2021
$3,000 Sign-on Bonus
WE ARE LOOKING FOR 7a-3 30pm and 3 30- pm shifts open.
Do you love the feeling at the end of the day, knowing you have
changed someone's life?
Are you looking to become part of a family, instead of becoming
just another employee?
Aurora Santa Rosa Hospital is an Acute Psychiatric Hospital that
caters to patients who suffer from a wide variety of Mental Health
diagnoses. We pride ourselves on our Patient-Centered care while
maintaining an engaging environment for our staff. Our Vision
Statement "Empowering people to embrace healing for fulfilling and
productive lives" pertains not only to our patients but also to our
visitors and employees. The Hospital believes in bettering the
lives of everyone who walks through our doors.
Description Of Position
To assess the needs of prospective patients and phone callers and
ensure their referral to the service or resource to best address
- Responds to telephone and face-to-face inquiries from persons
seeking mental health care or information about mental
- Through a systematic process of interaction with patients, the
patient's significant others, and the appropriate health care
providers, collects and analyzes data regarding the patient's
physical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational,
spiritual, cultural and anticipated discharge needs; determines
patient's alcohol or drug toxicity; identifies signs of withdrawal;
conducts screenings or assessments to determine needs of
- The care and treatment of the patient are rendered in a
competent manner and are based on current chemical dependency and
psychiatric nursing/clinical knowledge and standards; care is
evaluated against the goals and plan of care and is revised as
needed and appropriate to the patient.
- Facilitates the patient's access to the appropriate level of
care and setting.
- Assumes responsibility in maintaining a safe, orderly and
therapeutic physical environment for all patients.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
physicians and health professional affiliates, healthcare
facilities, and nursing staff.
- Demonstrates good skills in assessing the client's crisis and
clinical indicators via phone and in-person - documenting such. On
a call sheet and scheduling assessment as clinically
- Prepares written report of assessment results in a timely
manner (immediately following completed assessment) and includes
recommendations for the level of care and treatment needs.
- Makes appropriate interventions during assessments, and crisis
situations with clients, family/friends, and other professional
- Assesses need for involuntary hospitalization evaluation and
contacts county crisis team, law enforcement or 5150 certified
AVDMH employee as needed to ensure the safety of clients and
- Enters the data of calls and assessments in the computer system
in a timely manner.
- Assists clients who are not admitted into a program with
follow-through of clinical referrals and recommendations.
- Provides pertinent clinical information to physicians and
program staff who will be reviewing the patient, to ensure a smooth
transition for the patient.
- Distributes documentation of admissions to the Business Office,
Admitting Unit and the Utilization Review Department.
- Maintains knowledge of the developmental tasks and sociological
theories of pertinent age groups.
- Maintains knowledge of legal guidelines pertaining to
EMTALA/COBRA and abuse/neglect reporting.
- Communicates with managed care organizations to obtain
insurance pre-authorizations in a timely manner.
- Stays abreast of the organization's programs and services.
- Participates in activities that enhance professional growth and
- Performs related duties, as requested.
- Upholds the Organization's ethics and customer service
Knowledge and Experience
- Current California RN License
- Current CPR certification. (BLS through American Heart
- Inpatient experience preferred
- Familiarity with the continuum of care and clinical
- Knowledge of DSM III-R diagnostic criteria
Skills And Abilities
- Maintains confidentiality of patients at all times
- Knowledgeable of patient rights and laws pertaining to mental
- Assessment and intervention skills
- Persuasive manner and skills in overcoming denial and
resistance to treatment
- Ability to concentrate on a task in high traffic areas
- Ability to deal with crisis and potentially combative patients
while maintaining personal and emotional equilibrium.
- Sensitivity to and willingness to interact with persons of
various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds
- Proficiency with software and/or equipment (Microsoft Office
applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
projects, work relatively independently, manage multiple tasks, and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively as well as
possessing the skills to lead, influence, and motivate others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, expanding organization
- 3.5 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement $3,000 a year and $12,000 Lifetime
- CEU's (Continuing Educations Units) are provided at no charge
to the employee
- $25,000 Life insurance policy is provided at no charge to the
Keywords: TechFlow, Inc., Santa Rosa , Registered Nurse (RN) - Intake, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!