Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) -Full Time
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: June 20, 2020
Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) -Full Time in Santa Rosa
Happy Hill, Santa Rosa, California 95404
Job Description:Join Elwyn California!
Elwyn California is currently seeking a Licensed Staff (LPT or LVN)
to work with our team in a residential group homes. This is a
non-exempt level position reporting to the Program
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE/ LICENSED PSYCHIATRIC TECH
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse and Licensed Psychiatric Tech
perform general nursing procedures, behavior management, direct
care and training as dictated by the individuals' health and
behavioral care needs.
- Performs nursing procedures as authorized within the scope of
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team and
contributes to the development of the Individual Support
- The LVN/LPT may function as lead staff on the shift and may
oversee DSPs and/or CNAs.
- Responsible for providing active programming at all
- Responsible for adherence to standards, procedures and
schedules established by their supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring that any suspicion of or knowledge of
suspected abuse is reported in accordance with the law and program
policies "Mandated Reporter" (SOC 341).
- Possess and maintain a valid, active license from the State of
California to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse or Licensed
- Minimum 1 year experience with Human Services field
- High School diploma
- Ability to work in a variety of environments and
- Ability to work weekend shifts Hours of operation is 24-7;
AM-shift, PM-shift, and NOC-shift.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood-borne
pathogens, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a
clinical nursing environment.
- Interaction with consumers who display aggressive and/or
- Valid California driver license
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical and drug
screen, including current TB
- Successful completion of DOJ and FBI background check
- Successful completion of all trainings as required by
applicable regulations, including, but not limited to, DSP1 and
Equal Opportunity Employer
Elwyn California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
ABOUT ELWYN CALIFORNIA
Elwyn California, is a subsidiary of Elwyn, a premier non-profit
human services organization dedicated to serving children and
adults with special needs. Elwyn was founded in 1852, providing
innovative services for people with developmental disabilities
since its inception.
We believe that all people deserve an opportunity to build
meaningful, independent lives. Individuals and families find
support through Elwyn California programs to learn, work, and live
as they choose and as independently as possible.
Elwyn California Mission Statement
Maximizing potential through personal commitment, collective
talents and innovation, Elwyn California supports individuals with
diverse challenges in shaping distinctive, meaningful lives.
Elwyn California Vision Statement
Through partnerships with families, communities and government,
Elwyn California will be the provider of choice for people with
Elwyn California Residential Programs
Elwyn California provides care for people with Developmental
Disabilities and skilled nursing needs via a sophisticated, state
of the art, alternative model of care. People live in single family
homes, with individual bedrooms and all the typical "home-like"
amenities, as opposed to having to live in larger congregate
Likewise, our employees enjoy a smaller, more personal and
home-like working environment, as well as the opportunity to
provide a very high level of quality care based upon the smaller
number of residents (typically 4-5 per home) and the high staff to
Happy Hill, Santa Rosa, California 95404
Area of Interest:
Keywords: Elwyn, Santa Rosa , Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) -Full Time, Healthcare , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!