Vice-President / Retail Lending
Company: Redwood Credit Union
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: February 15, 2019
We are looking for a VP/Retail Lending who will be responsible for leading the Mortgage Lending, Construction Lending, Consumer Lending and External Real Estate Sales Teams. As the VP/Retail Lending, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks which would include:
- Reviewing and identifying cost-effective utilization of all resources. In particular, leading and directing the management of human capital to ensure the availability of skills and abilities needed to meet RCU's vision, mission, values, and service doctrine.
- Serving as a member of the Senior Staff team, providing leadership and direction for RCU.
- Communicating with senior management regarding all aspects of mortgage and consumer lending, procedures, policies and strategies.
- Identifying potential for losses by monitoring loan portfolios and taking/recommending remedial action.
- Recognizing problems, issues, and opportunities; evaluating and considering alternatives; developing, presenting, and recommending strategic and tactical opportunities; and making appropriate decisions.
- Attending and actively participating in Senior Staff meetings, staff meetings, strategic and operational planning sessions, etc.
- Serving on and/or directing a number of committees to strive for consensus in order to ensure effective interface and communication of policies, programs, and goals among lending services, other departments, and branches.
- Managing the overall development of lending through business-development programs, motivating staff to sell and market RCU, and taking an active role in business development.
- On behalf of RCU, "owning" the relationships with key assigned partners, e.g., Fannie Mae, Mortgage Cadence, MeridianLink and CU Direct. Additionally, providing leadership and participation in industry trade groups, advisory boards, etc.
- Participating in and representing RCU at internal and external events, conferences, and community functions.
- Reviewing and approving or declining all loans over lending limits.
- Delegating appropriate lending authorities to lending personnel, e.g. lending limits and annual review of Lending Policy with the Board.
- Reviewing monthly loan activity and reports to maintain high credit-quality standards and ensure problem loans are satisfactorily resolved.
- After defining and assigning key tasks, establish measurement criteria for tracking results, assign priorities and resources, and perform regular follow-through.
- Establishing and monitoring reporting systems designed to keep the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Board of Directors informed of all relevant activities and issues, including timely preparation of monthly status reports.
- Evaluating all lending efforts to develop business to assure efficiency and that resources are used to pursue opportunities within guidelines and policies.
- Monitoring and reviewing the department budgets. Required SkillsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage and develop multiple diverse sales and operational units with the inherent conflicts from demands and priorities.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of financial institution lending methods, practices and services.
- Knowledge of lending best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of modern management techniques and practices.
- Current knowledge of all laws, rules and regulations pertaining to lending.
- Knowledge of credit and interest rate economics.
- Knowledge of asset, liabilities, and credit dynamics in a lending environment.
- Strong negotiation, persuasion and public speaking skills.
- Skill in the operation of a personal computer and word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software and Intra/Internet access.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and opportunities, identify and evaluate alternatives, and develop sound, effective approaches.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate the achievement of strategic and business plan goals, objectives, and work plans.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and supervise employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of people including Board Members, regulators, employees, attorneys, vendors, partners, and other parties.
- Ability to travel 20% of time. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: 1 - Mortgage Lending Manager 1 - Construction Lending Manager 1 - Consumer Lending Manager 1 - External Real Estate Sales Assistant Manager
- Licenses and Certifications
- Ability to maintain a valid California driver's license.
- Ability to obtain and maintain registration with the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry in compliance with the requirements of Federal Law, including the SAFE ACT and NCUA part 761. Required ExperienceEducation/Experience A combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in business administration, finance or a closely related field, and ten years progressively responsible experience in residential and commercial real estate lending in a financial institution, with at least four years of that experience at a senior management level. Service - Trust - People - Cooperation We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerJob Location Santa Rosa, US-CA
Keywords: Redwood Credit Union, Santa Rosa , Vice-President / Retail Lending, Executive , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!