Fiscal Director / Finance Director
Company: Brunscheen Consulting LLC
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Summary:Under the Direction of the Lytton Rancheria of
California Tribal Chairperson and Council, responsible for the
day-to-day operation and direct supervision of all activities
within the Finance and Accounting department, including the
execution of functions related to financial, accounting, budgeting,
and forecasting. Ensure daily operations and experiences meet
tribal expectations. Appropriately respond to and manage any
escalated departmental concerns and guest and/or staff challenges.
Provide leadership to make certain the organization has the proper
financial, accounting and administrative controls and procedures in
place to protect assets. -Reports To:Tribal Administrator and
Tribal Chairperson -Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, develop, measure performance, and discipline of
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting
- Organize and maintain Tribal Accounting System
- monthly and end-year process
- accounts payable/receivable
- cash receipts
- general ledger
- payroll and utilities
- Tribal Member disbursements and tax as required
- cash forecasting
- revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- capital assets reconciliations
- trust account statement reconciliations
- check runs
- fixed asset activity
- debt activity
- Prepare monthly reporting and other reporting as requested by
the Tribal Chairperson and Tribal council.
- Assist the Tribal Administrator with establishing budget
priorities, prepare annual budgets for review and approval, and
monitor expenses and reporting as required.
- Ensure that funds are spent in accordance with established
ordinances, budgets, goals, priorities, and program policies and
- Maintain the tribal bank accounts, handling all transactions in
detailed and ethical manner.
- Protect the Tribe's assets.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of records and information.
- Ensure department follows all departmental policies, procedures
and controls of the Tribal Government to be consistent with
Government Accepted Government Accounting Principles.
- Assist with independent audits
- Maintain good working relations through all channels of
supervisors, fellow employees, and vendors supplies, etc.
- Follow instructions of the supervisor
- Efficiently perform duties in both calm and busy
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting
Supervisor or Finance Manager
- Strong understanding and ethical background of Accounting and
Financial principles and policies
- Strong work ethic, ability to follow through and bring projects
to completion within established time frames
- Subject-matter expertise of finance, accounting, and
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles,
practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of generally accepted government accounting
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience proficiently using accounting software and online
- Functional understanding of, and experience using, computers
and computer programs applicable to the job duties
- Critical analysis skills proven to effectively resolve issues,
challenges, and/or concerns
- At least 21 years of age
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, including both
written and verbal forms
- Obtain and maintain all work cards as required by the
- Verify right to work in the United States -Preferred:
- CPA certification
- Five or more years of experience performing same or similar job
- Experience with Accufund Accounting System - -Physical
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk-bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, and carry.
- Arms-reach, carry, push, pull, lift, twist, and rotate.
- Legs-lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate.
- Hands-grasp, manipulate, bilateral coordination, eye and hand
coordination, overall and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. -Work Environment Potential
- Work is performed primarily indoors.
- More than 40 hours a week will be required at times. Work hours
subject to change.
- Subject to hazards which may cause personal bodily harm; smoke,
common colds, influenza, dust, odors, and elevated noise
- Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft
carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time,
sitting and crouching. -DisclaimerThe above statements are intended
to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of personnel so classified. Other duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any
time with or without notice. Must be able to perform the essential
functions of the position with or without reasonable
Keywords: Brunscheen Consulting LLC, Santa Rosa , Fiscal Director / Finance Director, Executive , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!