Nursing Manager - Subacute *Interim*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
We are looking for an Interim Nursing Manager for the Subacute
Department at Providence Healdsburg Hospital. Apply Today!
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some
additional questions from our Modern Hire system. Location:
Healdsburg, CA Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours Shift:
8-hour, Days Job Summary: Coordinates and manages all unit
activities in the sub-acute patient care areas with a primary
responsibility of planning, organizing, and supervising the
delivery of care to the residents. The Manager will ensure that
policies and care delivery are in compliance with regulatory
standards. Essential Functions:
- Knowledge of nursing process, evidence based standards of care
and quality measures.
- Ensures patient care responsibilities are performed considering
needs specific to the standard of care for patient's age.
- Assures that complete assessments and reassessments are
performed on all patients per policy.
- Assures that plan of care is initiated and revised as indicated
by the patient's response to treatment and that the overall plan is
evaluated for effectiveness as per department policy. Assures
- Serves as the MDS Coordinator oversight person. Ensures that
all assessments and care plans that are submitted are accurate and
- Assures that a teaching plan is formulated on all patients
based upon identified learning needs, and effectiveness of learning
is evaluated. Assures that family is included in teaching as
- Ensures all disciplines collaborate appropriately to provide
for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Oversees resident care to promote the highest level of
physical, mental and psychosocial functioning for this unit.
- Monitors, tracks, evaluates and reports infections for the
- Ensures that staff demonstrates an ability and willingness to
assist physicians with procedures and services requiring technical
and manual skills.
- Ensures that documentation meets current policies and
- Ensures that staff identifies and address psychosocial needs of
patients and family; communicates with social services and/or case
management regarding discharge needs, when applicable.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of hospital-wide, as well as
departmental, policies and procedures and enforces adherence by
- Collaborates with leadership in developing and achieving
- Follows policies and procedures regarding hiring, counseling
and termination processes.
- Manages the budget process for department.
- Assesses and conducts staff performance/competencies prior to
- Maintains labor productivity standards.
- Assures customer satisfaction (patient, family, staff and
physician) is maintained at or above pre-established
- Creates an environment that enables the hospital to fulfill its
mission and meet/exceed its goals. Holds regularly scheduled
meetings to provide all staff with current information, in-service
training, performance improvement activities and safety
- Demonstrates the ability to work on multiple tasks and set
- Assures compliance with all regulatory agency
- Uses good judgment and discretion regarding confidentiality of
- Implements new evidence based practice.
- Ensures effective unit communication with the use of huddles
and other established communication tools such as resident folders,
Physician's Rounding Request log, and bedside report when patient
- Reports directly to the CNO weekly with clinical updates,
financial viability, and staffing issues.
- Assumes 24-hour responsibility and accountability for resident
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the department's
- Knowledge of state and federal regulatory laws.
- Strong managerial skills, including coaching and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including
customer service skills.
- Expertise in using all Microsoft Office products including
- A team player, adaptive and collaborative while working across
- Demonstrates good judgment and discretion regarding
confidentiality of sensitive issues.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, and
maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of al medical, financial,
and legal information.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities
and to prioritize scheduling of work.
- Exhibits solid clinical knowledge and experience. Minimum
Position Requirements: Education: Coursework/Training - Graduation
from an Accredited School of Nursing. Experience: 2 years Acute
hospital clinical experience and progressive supervisory
- Current California Registered Nursing License.
- Current BLS.
- Current ACLS.
- Current PALS. Preferred Position Qualifications: Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Experience: 2 recent years of Subacute
Experience or Long Term Care experience. Providence St. Joseph
Health (Providence) has worked for decades to improve health and
quality of life in California's North Bay region, starting in
Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the
doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue
the mission begun by the Sisters to those we serve through an
integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient,
palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma County
facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa Rosa
Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center. In
addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed Healdsburg
Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of Providence. Our
services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of
Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel
Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical Group, as
well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care
services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying
hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care,
education to promote health and prevent chronic disease,
rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and
more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the area.
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to
employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis"
to fill in for staff vacancies. Company: Sonoma County Entities
Category: Clinical Lead Supervisor/ Manager Req ID: R356197
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Santa Rosa , Nursing Manager - Subacute *Interim*, Executive , Healdsburg, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!