Survey Project Manager
Company: Bkf Engineers
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: May 14, 2022
We are hiring a Survey Project Manager in our Santa Rosa, San
Rafael or Sacramento office!
The Survey Project Manager is the daily contact point with clients,
representatives, and/or in-house Engineering Project Managers. The
Survey Project Manager is responsible for the performance of all
aspects of the firm's services for the projects assigned. This
position provides all the necessary direction, supervision,
coordination and follow-up on the work to ensure quality standards
are met, efficiency levels are maintained and the client's
satisfaction, respect and confidence are assured.
- Defines the project scope, prepares written proposals with the
survey group Director or Principal-in-charge (PlC), plans, prepares
and gives the oral presentation of the firm's technical
qualifications and approach to the project.
- With the Director or PlC prepares the schedule, establishes a
budget, prepares a written work plan and organizes the execution of
the project. Schedules and chairs project progress and review
- Monitors project progress to assure the quality of work
performed, timeliness of action, compliance with contract
requirements and control of job charges against approved
- Maintains periodic contact with Director, PlC, and client to
communicate progress, resolve problems and assure client
satisfaction with the work.
- Prepares written monthly progress reports for client, Director,
- Prepares monthly billing and reviews with Director or PlC prior
to submitting to client.
- Controls and directs the project to a satisfactory completion.
Reviews all communications plans maps or other information prior to
submittal to client.
- Prepares a project report at the end of the project and submits
it to the Director or PlC who will review and file it in the
Project Report File. Plans work schedules, conducts performance
reviews and provides input for performance reviews by survey group
Director and PlC.
- Identifies all extra work and changes in scope of service or
contract terms and processes necessary extra work authorizations
prior to performing work.
- Attends technical and management seminars, workshops and
professional conferences to expand knowledge and skills in the
technical and management aspects of the position.
- With Office Survey Supervisor ensures that the project is
following office standards and procedures. Assist with the training
of existing and new staff on appropriate activities to promote
staff growth and proficiency. Qualifications:
- PLS required
- 10+ years experience strongly preferred
- Education/Registration: B.S. Degree in Surveying and Mapping or
- Registration as a California Professional Land Surveyor or
pre-1982 Professional Civil Engineer is required.
- At least eight years of surveying experience at a professional
level including at least two years experience in responsible charge
of field survey work. Without a B.S., ten years professional
experience is required. Experience must show progressively
increasing level of responsibility, especially on large, complex,
and/or difficult projects.
- Should demonstrate a thorough knowledge and show experience in
all phases of land surveying including the following: legal
principles of boundary determinations, sectionalized land
subdivisions, California state plane coordinate system, California
statutes regulating the practice of land surveying and the
subdivision of land, control and geodetic surveys, aerial
photogrammetric surveys, construction staking (subdivisions,
municipal improvements, heavy construction, buildings,
transportation projects, etc.), survey accuracies and precisions,
uses and capabilities and adjustments of modern surveying
instruments, and the use of office computer and data collecting
electronic surveying instruments. Must have a knowledge of contract
management, project management theories, project scheduling and
reporting, proposal writing, budget control, communications and
human resources management including a positive management style,
well developed leadership skills, and respect by peers, clients,
consultants, and subordinates.
- Ability to work on and manage a variety of tasks
- Ability to make formal presentations to company management,
clients, and public agencies.
- Experience coordinating technical efforts of others, especially
on significant projects (long duration, large dollar value, and/or
- The Survey Project Manager reports to the survey group
Director, Principal-in --Charge, and Office Manager with respect to
quality of services, schedule of staff assigned, maintenance of
standards and financial status of projects. The Project Manager's
overall performance is reviewed by the survey group director, PlC,
and firm's clients. Benefits
BKF offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. This
includes a signing bonus, competitive salaries, bonuses, profit
sharing, pension plans, and 401k, as well as, premium medical,
dental, and vision plans. BKF also offers life insurance, long-term
disability, gym reimbursement, -flexible schedules, free coffee,
tea, fruit, bagels and oatmeal. Company sponsored sports teams and
clubs. Annual Company Picnic at Six Flags with free admission for
employees and their families, Holiday Casino Party Luncheon and
Holiday Dinner Celebration. Employees also -have access to BKF's
corporate condo in Lake Tahoe! What makes BKF a great choice?
- The -chance to work on iconic Bay Area projects
- Awesome company culture
- Competitive -salary and performance bonuses
- Professional -development training and mentorship
- Company funded retirement plan
- Employee wellness program
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Flexible work policy and hybrid work schedule Workplace Awards:
- "Top Work Place" 2014 - 2020 by the Bay Area News Group -
- ZweigWhite "Best Firms To Work For" Top 100 in the U.S. 2014 -
- "Best Firm to Work for North Bay" North Bay Business Journal, 8
years in a row
- ENR 2017 -California's -Design Firm of the Year BKF Engineers
provides engineering, surveying, and land planning services for
architects, commercial and residential developers, colleges and
universities, cities and counties, governmental agencies, hotels,
health care facilities, and large corporations. Headquartered in
the San Francisco Bay Area since 1915, the firm has 15 California
offices and 1 Oregon office employing 450 staff. Our project
experience includes corporate headquarters, office buildings,
healthcare facilities, sports facilities, hotels and resorts,
justice, public buildings, multi-family housing, educational
facilities, retail, industrial, parking, highways, roadways,
bridges, and light/heavy rail transit projects. Redwood City. San
Jose . San Francisco . Walnut Creek . Pleasanton . Sacramento .
Santa Rosa . Richmond . San Rafael . Oakland . Newport Beach .
Lathrop. Salinas. San Diego. -San Luis Obispo . San Diego .
Keywords: Bkf Engineers, Santa Rosa , Survey Project Manager, Executive , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!