Director Of Engineering
Company: Nelson Staffing
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Director of Engineering A highly successful and innovative
agricultural equipment company, in business for more than 10 years
designing and manufacturing electric agriculture vehicles and
related products, is expanding its team. We are the clean, quiet,
zero-emission alternative to diesel tractors, provide all the power
of a comparable diesel tractor, and can be charged by renewable
energy, like wind and solar.
- Lead internal/external product engineering teams to develop and
integrate vehicle subsystems for electric tractors and associated
- Implement sound engineering practices and product development
- Acquire and develop engineering talent.
The position will be based in Santa Rosa.
- Direct execution of product programs through developmental
phases from requirements definition, design and validation to
production launch for electric tractors and implements
- Provide technical expertise and guidance for design,
validation, production readiness and continuous improvement; will
also be directly involved in design and development.
- Support the organization in implementing robust product
- Support portfolio planning and technology adoption.
- Collaborate with supply management in supporting or leading
sourcing and supplier development activities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and ensure that designs
meet requirements for reliability, manufacturability,
serviceability, safety and compliance to applicable standards.
- Support marketing, manufacturing and customer support
- Develop internal and external engineering relationships for
collaboration and be a mentor for engineering teams.
- Recruit and develop engineering talent.
- Has solid knowledge and experience in designing off-road
vehicles, integrating vehicle systems and understanding
interactions between sub systems.
- Experience in (or ability to learn) integrating electric drives
into off-road vehicles
- Able to gather customer needs/product applications and
translate them into product specifications and designs.
- Has good knowledge of off-road/Ag vehicle standards and
specifications to provide designs adequate to meet customer
- Has experience in the product development process -concept
development, design, analysis, testing and release for
- Understands cost, quality and schedule implications in the
product development process
- Able to operate and understand CAD software.
- Able to collaborate with internal cross functional teams and
- Able to build effective teams and nurture an innovative
- Bachelors degree in mechanical, electrical or other vehicle
related engineering fields.
- 5 years of experience in leading off-road vehicle development
(or major vehicle systems) or expertise in tractors or other Ag
machinery, is a plus.
- Proven experience in the product development cycle
- 5 years of experience in managing design teams that have
successfully launched new productsby Jobble
Keywords: Nelson Staffing, Santa Rosa , Director Of Engineering, Executive , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!