Marketing Manager, Montgomery Village
Company: WS Development
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: January 13, 2022
About WS Development:
Massachusetts-based WS Development is a mixed-use developer with a
singular mission: creating places people want to be. With an
approach that values art, science, innovation and, above all else,
people, WS strives to engage each community it serves with
best-in-class installations and activations. Established in 1990,
WS is a vertically-integrated company that conceptualizes, owns,
operates and leases more than 100 properties that range from
cutting-edge urban spaces to lifestyle and community centers. With
over 20 million square feet of existing space and an additional
five million square feet under development, it is one of the
largest privately-owned development firms in the country. For more
information, visit www.wsdevelopment.com, call 617.232.8900 or
follow WS Development on LinkedIn.
WS is where great ideas and great people come together to design,
build, and operate some of the best loved real estate projects in
the country. We live at the intersection of entrepreneurship and
establishment. We have the infrastructure of decades supporting a
culture of free-thinking excellence.
We expect every WS employee to feel welcomed and valued
irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age,
veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural
background and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
About Montgomery Village
Montgomery Village is an outdoor gathering place and true
destination with a rich history in the heart of Sonoma County.
Established in 1950, Montgomery Village blends community and
convenience and is synonymous with the understated ease of
California Wine Country. What sets us apart from other properties
is our eclectic mix of stores, restaurants, fitness, services, and
specialty retailers, creating a distinct community feel.
WS Development is looking for a Marketing Manager at Montgomery
Village. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the General
Manager (GM) and will be expected to be a leader in developing
innovative and impactful marketing strategies for our brand.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating and managing
brand strategy, implementing marketing omni-channel campaigns,
advertising, events and managing social media. This position will
have the opportunity to utilize passion and creativity while
working hand-in hand with best-in-class retailers such as
Lululemon, Sur La Table and Corcoran Global Living to beloved
locals like Acre Coffee, Rise Cycle Co, Monti's and Wild Honey
- Creates, develops and implements an annual marketing plan. The
plan should maximize the marketing budget to drive traffic to the
property and its tenants while staying true to the brand identity
of Montgomery Village.
- Frequently reviews and understands center sales and traffic
trends and implements reporting strategy.
- Creates, plans and orchestrates multiple events per month from
conception, to contract negotiation through execution.
- Oversees public relations for the property; is responsible for
composing engaging press releases, distributing necessary press
materials to the media, and tracks the publicity value of all media
coverage with a sense of urgency.
- Maintains and manages website presence, email list and social
channels with focus on Instagram and Facebook; while constantly
assessing the shifting social / media landscape and experimenting
with emerging channels as deemed relevant.
- Informs retail partners of marketing activities and supports
requests for on/off-site programming/activation where
- Executes paid media program inclusive of digital, OOH and print
channels as well as sponsorship efforts, as needed.
- Responsible for managing the local production and use of on/off
site collateral material and distribution.
- Partners with the GM to identify/create revenue generating
opportunities to achieve the financial goals of the property;
including but not limited to pop-ups, sponsorships, and brand
- Prepares, reviews, and understands marketing budget, financial
and various related reports.
- Participates in Management on Duty rotation, tenant meetings,
staff meetings and other relevant management meetings, as
- Passionate about retail & events: Displays a passion and
enthusiasm for community outreach, communication, retail, and event
- Self-starter: Actively seeks prospective opportunities for
collaboration with the Montgomery Village community and surrounding
- Collaborator: Establishes strong working relationships with
cross-functional partners like Corporate Marketing, Ancillary
Income, Leasing teams, Development, Operations as well as other
field team members.
- Relationship builder: Maintains strong relationships with
media, agencies, customers, influencers, community leaders,
business contacts, tenants, retailers and partners (i.e. local
artists, charities, etc.) to build partnerships and engagement with
key organizations on behalf of Montgomery Village.
- People person: Develops and enhances an excellent rapport with
tenants through frequent in-person contact; includes responding to
corporate requests and property marketing activities/events
- Multi-tasker: Has the ability to work on multiple projects that
are in different phases of development.
- BS/BA in Marketing/Business Administration or similar field and
at least 5 years of experience marketing, event planning, social
media planning, public relations, marketing, and media relations.
Retail experience is preferred, not required.
- Excellent oral, written, organizational, interpersonal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media channels
- Proficiency in marketing-based tools (i.e. Iconosquare, Canva,
Constant Contact, Sweet IQ, Wordpress).
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite products, including Photoshop,
Illustrator and InDesign is a plus, but not required.
Keywords: WS Development, Santa Rosa , Marketing Manager, Montgomery Village, Executive , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!