Nurse Aid Training RN Instructor
Company: American Red Cross
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: October 11, 2018
Job Description:We are currently seeking a Nurse Aid Training (NAT) Instructor. This is a flexible position based in our Santa Rosa, CA. location. It requires flexibility and working weekends and occasional weekdays. This position will be primarily responsible for the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) classes.
- 60% travel to clinical facilities for class instruction, in the same county as ARC Santa Rosa
- Primarily weekends with possible occasional weekday
- Driving personal vehicle to clinical facilities
- Teaching a wide range of students (many different goals, education, background)
- 15 hours per week on average
- Position will be primarily responsible for the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) classes
- MUST Be an RN or LVN with 2 years total nursing experience, including 1 year experience providing direct patient care in a long term care facility within the last 5 years) preferred
Provides instruction and certification in the Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training (NAT) program; primary responsibility includes planning, teaching and evaluating course participants in the classroom and clinical skills performance, leading to successful completion of the program. The instructor will provide a quality program that meets state regulations and compliance standards as well as meet the expectations for the course participants.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates, manages and directs the classroom, skills lab, and clinical setting training experience for students
- Evaluates interpersonal skills, technical skills, and knowledge base of students in classroom, skill lab and clinical setting at regular intervals to measure student performance
- Maintains confidential, accurate and complete records and reports as required by state and federal regulations and American Red Cross policy
- Responsible for efficient and effective use of all supplies and materials maintaining appropriate controls for loss reduction and documenting replacement needs
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with clinical sites and staff to provide a comprehensive and safe learning environment for students
- Completes and submits course records and reports in a timely manner, meeting required deadlines.
Meets 100% compliance for record keeping and program delivery requirements
- Engages in regular effective communications with students, staff, and other stakeholders regarding programmatic changes and quality management issues.
- Supports program completion activities such as graduation, recognition ceremonies and student development activities as requested
- Remains current on state regulations and training standards
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to successfully complete appropriate instructor training as required by American Red Cross and the state. Experience with adult education preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Current license as a nurse in state where teaching will occur; RN/BSN
preferred. LPN/LVN may be accepted if allowed by state.
- Two years' experience as a nurse with at least one year's experience
working in a long term care facility
- Adult education experience preferred
- Must meet state minimum nursing and teaching experience requirements
- See addendum for additional specific state requirements regarding
license, education, experience, training, etc. Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Keywords: American Red Cross, Santa Rosa , Nurse Aid Training RN Instructor, Education / Teaching , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!