Platform Engineering Manager, Marketing Technology Services
Company: AbbVie, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Platform Engineering Manager, Marketing Technology Services
- Lake County, United States of America
- Information Technology
- 2102329 Job Description About AbbVie
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines
that solve serious health issues today and address the medical
challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on
people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology,
oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and
gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its
Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie,
please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter ,
Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Platform Engineering Manager is responsible for managing all
the platform functions for the digital web properties and related
technologies in the Marketing Technology Services organization
supporting AbbVie's US Commercial business. This role is
responsible for managing the web applications, code deployments,
publishing content, release management, DevOps, Performance
management, Infrastructure management and platform operations. The
role is responsible for the operational excellence for the entire
platform ecosystem. This role has responsibility over all marketing
technology operations for the Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Cloud
platform, Sitecore operations as well as other major hosting
platforms including Rackspace, AWS etc. The Platform engineering
manager will report to the Associate Director, Web Platforms in the
Marketing Technology Services Organization.Qualified candidates
must have proven experience managing all aspects of enterprise
level platform applications such as Adobe Experience Manager,
Sitecore or similar CMS and Web platforms. The candidates are also
expected to manage team of one or more employees including platform
engineers, release managers, IT Operations and management of
technology vendors, managed services relationships as well as
digital agencies.Primary Responsibilities/Duties
- Manage day to day platform activities and operations for
production and pre-production environments in the Marketing
Technology ecosystem. This would include leading release management
activities, DevOps processes, code deployments, content publishing
- Lead the Technology Platforms and teams from an operations
perspective for Web platforms and related application technologies
including Adobe Marketing and Experience Cloud, Sitecore, and other
- Lead all platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a
Service (IaaS) activities for the marketing technology
- Partner and Collaborate with Development and Testing teams to
ensure platform operations best practices are adhered to while
maintaining high availability and high quality and uptime of all
the systems and services.
- Manage and oversee any compliance related processes for the IT
platforms and systems.
- Establish release management best practices across all the
production and pre-production environments.
- Advocate infrastructure standards, frameworks and tools that
enhance operational efficiency and team productivity.
- Partner with Architects, Developers, Testers to ensure high
quality products are developed and deployed on the MarTech
- Manage and Oversee any SOPs, and operational processes for the
- Ensure latest operational platform methodologies and frameworks
are leveraged effectively based on DevOps for continuous
deployment, continuous integration, continuous testing, and
- Drive continuous improvements in platform processes, optimizing
cost, velocity, and throughput of the platform teams. Drive
Platform roadmap working with other IT and business
- Ensure Operational excellence and reporting for all the Web
Platforms and associated applications including service level
agreements that meet or exceeds the expected KPIs.
- Leverage DevOps tools and processes for all areas of platform
- Effectively work with IT and business leaders across Sales,
Marketing, Customer Experience, Managed Health Care, Medical
Affairs, Finance, MABI, and HEOR to drive for effective results
from a platform operations perspective.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and
- Provide management oversight, coaching, and mentoring for a
team of 1 or more employees, contractors, managed services vendors,
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are
monitored through periodic reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience; Master's Degree with
7 years experience; PhD with 3 years experience, preferably in an
engineering discipline,systems management experience.
- Proven experience with managing enterprise platforms such as
Adobe Experience Cloud and managing digital agency delivery, code
deployments, DevOps, etc.
- 4+ years of experience leading, managing teams, coaching
employees and/or contractors.Skills/Experience Requirements
- Significant experience and understanding of Marketing
Technology platforms managements and operations management.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven
ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective
- Demonstrated competency in Operational excellence thinking,
leadership, and ability to influence executives.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage experience to
be successful in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and innovative
- Proven track record of effective project and platform
leadership to drive positive results.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Working knowledge of IT pricing and contracting practices.
- Negotiation with IT suppliers and Marketing Agencies.
- Strong analysis and analytical skills.
- Financial and budgetary acumen.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive
hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse
backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients.
As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex
(including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or
any other legally protected characteristic.
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online)
thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending
you "phishing" messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself
from phishing scams. Click here to find out how you can avoid being
a victim of job phishing scams.
Keywords: AbbVie, Inc., Santa Rosa , Platform Engineering Manager, Marketing Technology Services, Advertising , Clearlake, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!