Digital Media Strategist
Company: The Press Democrat
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Digital Media Strategist The Digital Media Strategist is an
expert in the digital advertising ecosystem, fully understanding
the role of different digital media platforms and how they can be
best used to affect an advertiser's business. Working closely with
our advertising sales staff and digital ad operations department,
the Digital Media Strategist learns of the client's KPIs and
objectives, and creates a campaign that uses our available
solutions to achieve the desired results. During the campaign, the
Digital Media Strategist monitors the campaign, optimizes it if
necessary, and reports on the efficacy. As well, they will assist
in creating sales collateral and presentations for all digital
advertising products and perform other duties as needed. Essential
job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Creating digital advertising campaigns for our advertisers,
which includes the range of: digital display on our owned sites;
programmatic digital display; sponsored content; email marketing;
social media advertising; paid search; and video.
- Producing supporting sales presentations and collateral (in
PowerPoint and MS Word).
- Conceptualizing story ideas for Sponsored Content for
- Creating subject lines and content ideas for targeted
- Editing and writing content for sales fliers, internal
promotion, and sales presentations that represent our entire range
of digital products.
- Creating content for social media platforms on behalf of
advertisers, as needed.
- Remaining fully informed on current and emerging market trends,
and implementing best practices.
- Reporting on digital product results, for internal and external
purposes (in Excel, PowerPoint, and in proprietary reporting
platforms). Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Marketing, Journalism or
related field from a four-year college or university desired.
- 6 months to two years of related work experience and/or
training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MS Office experience required, Expert usage of Excel and
PowerPoint is required, Content Management Systems (WordPress a big
plus), Facebook Ad Manager, and Google Ad Manager/DFP is highly
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret large amounts of
information and data from a variety of sources.
- Adequate knowledge of typical content management systems and
- Basic understanding of general marketing principles
- Knowledge of advertising copywriting.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
with internal clients, external clients and employees from the
- Excellent project management, time management and organization
skills a must. Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent,
privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. Formed in
2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of
quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications
and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults - more than 376,000 in
total - engage with the many SMI publications and their
corresponding websites, including: The Pulitzer Prize-Winning Press
Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma
Argus-Courier, The North bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and
La Prensa Sonoma (the region's premier Spanish-language newspaper
and website). Sonoma Media Investments values the contribution of
our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also
offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K
and Paid Time Off. Sonoma Media Investments is committed to a drug
and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon
satisfactorily completing a background investigation and
pre-employment drug testing. To be considered, please apply on our
career page. Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: The Press Democrat, Santa Rosa , Digital Media Strategist, Advertising , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!