Company: Redwood Credit Union
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: December 3, 2018
As the Vice President (VP) of Payments, you will strategically plan, direct and evaluate Redwood Credit Union's (RCU) card and electronic services departments and with an emphasis on providing an excellent Member experience. The Card Services drives growth for the credit card portfolio, optimizing interchange revenue, managing the reward point program and executing strategies that drive Members to place and keep RCU's cards "top-of-wallet". The Electronic Services Department directs the activities of, ACH, Payroll, Check image exchange, Mobile Deposit, Electronic payment systems, check item processing, ATM balancing and the Overdraft Pay Advantage Program.
- Review and identify cost-effective utilization of all resources. In particular, lead and direct the management of human capital to ensure the availability of skills and abilities needed to meet RCU's vision, mission, values, and service doctrine.
- Responsible for the total Member experience, while managing the day-to-day card services and card fraud operations through the direct staff reports (manager/assistant managers).
- Drive maximum the card and electronic services programs performance by synthesizing and analyzing information and deciding on/recommending opportunities for current and future growth.
- Resolve problems through analysis of data, identification of root cause(s), evaluation of options, rendering of decisions and implementation of action.
- Supervise staff: goals, training, resources, support, feedback, and accountability. Promote employee contributions and job satisfaction by providing development opportunities, a cooperative working environment, and strengthening working relationships.
- Drive effective interface with other RCU departments by directing/serving on project teams and act as the designated backup for the SVP in various meetings as necessary.
- Communicate with senior staff and department staff regarding all aspects of payments opportunities, operations, procedures, policies and strategies, in particular, provide regular feedback to Executive Management.
- Further RCU's presence by participating in and representing RCU at internal and external events, conferences, and community functions.
- Attend and contribute to Senior Staff meetings, planning sessions, strategic initiative committee discussions, and other functions/activities as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain credibility throughout RCU by being an effective listener and problem solver for employees on all payments related issues.
- Further achievement of payments goals by directing strategic and operational activities including credit card portfolio management, checking/debit card programs, rewards program, digital wallet/tokenization and fraud loss mitigation, while also actively seeking ways to change and improve the business units going forward.
- Optimize origination, activation and utilization efforts through a variety of distribution channels including an inbound call center, online, mobile and direct through the RCU branches.
- Assure timely and quality completion of strategic objectives by defining priorities, assigning key tasks, measuring results, and following through to ensure accountability.
- Ensure compliance with pertinent government rules and regulations.
- Evaluate and adjust procedures, criteria, documents and forms while partnering with SVP to assure efficiency, compliance, and quality.
- Provide exceptional service to all internal departments and clients.
- Assist in developing and implementing card portfolio management and fraud risk management strategies that reduce risk to appropriate levels for RCU while also being sensitive to individual member needs and experiences.
- Establish and monitor reports designed to keep the SVP and Senior Leadership Team informed of all relevant activities and issues, including timely preparation of monthly status reports.
- Assure compliance with budget by monitoring activities and reporting deviations.
- Recommend short-and long-term goals, strategies, objectives, and programs for payments-related activities.
- Develop and implement card portfolio management strategies that will meet or exceed return on equity targets while providing targeted loan growth.
- Develop promotional programs in coordination with the Marketing Department, e.g. flyers, brochures, advertisements, and newsletter articles.
- Develop and execute plans to develop payments opportunities by establishing direct relationships with vendors and other influencers throughout RCU's field of membership.
- Participate in annual budgeting process to assure availability of resources to achieve annual department plans and objectives.
Required SkillsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to maintain credibility and engender trust.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of financial institution credit and debit card payment methods, practices and services, economics and credit dynamics, as well as laws, rules, and regulations.
- Exceptional management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Skill in the operation of a personal computer and word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Ability to analyze problems and opportunities, identify and evaluate alternatives, and develop sound, effective approaches.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate the achievement of goals, objectives, and work plans.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and supervise employees.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with a diverse group of people including Board Members, regulators, members, employees, attorneys, vendors, and other parties.
- Ability to travel 20% of time.
- Ability to lift up or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Work environment is indoors; majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk.
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in business administration, finance or a closely related field; and a minimum of five years' experience in the payments space, including debit and credit card and/or electronic payments programs; and a minimum of five years managerial experience.
Service - Trust - People - Cooperation
We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerJob Location
Santa Rosa, US-CA
Keywords: Redwood Credit Union, Santa Rosa , VP Payments, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!